Mysidia Adoptables v1.3.3[Security Release]

Forum
Last Post
Threads / Messages
Status
Not open for further replies.
I see, there are two possible solutions to this problem. First of all, you can edit the script in class_sidebar.php, go to the method 'public function getSidebar()' and edit whatever you want inside. On the other hand, you can disable the default sidebar in ACP, and create a new module with html or php code specified.

Okay I'm not seeing public function getSidebar()

I'm getting things like public function setModule($module) and public function getMoneyBar() but no public function getSidebar()

Hey HoF, I'm getting a funny error with my forum link... I have it in the sidebar, pointing to /forum, which is where the script is located, but I keep getting directed back to what I believe is the homepage? The address bar still says the proper url, but I'm not seeing my forum. I also tried /forum/index.php with the same result, and I edited the template to point to "http://rattiesftw.com/forum/" and "http://rattiesftw.com/forum/index.php" with no result either.

I believe somewhere you mentioned that the new url format automatically formatted links to match the new standard - is it possible that is the problem here?

Well your forum needs to have its own .htaccess file, if you are running mybb forum you should have one but it may be in .txt format. If you are running other forums, you will have to find a way to get a custom .htaccess file that works.

I did a fresh install new files and database followed the install/index.php all the way through the steps and got to the "view your website" link. When I click on the link I get a 500 error on the site. It shows in the url that I am on the url link for the index of the site, but all it does is stack up on the error_log file.

The single error is

[03-Apr-2013 22:38:14] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined method File::getExtension() in /home4/lazygam2/public_html/steambots/classes/class_file.php on line 51

I have checked the class_file.php and followed it to line 51. This tells me that there is some problem in the file defines for the site, but the site is on a sub domain so I can not install it in a file location other than in the main sub domain location, but it doesn't want to except the file location unless it is defined or something like that.

I have followed the development of this script since its 1.0.1 version, and have always enjoyed this script. I wanted to update the use of the smarty template plugin myself but seeing as this is the direction this development was going I put it off. Now I can't even use the script and I don't know what to do about it.

Here is the url to the site

http://steambots.lazygamerz.com/index.php

link to the error log

http://steambots.lazygamerz.com/error_log

I hope there is something that can be done to fix this problem.

It seems to me that your server does not have SPL library enabled, or that your server is not running PHP 5.3.x. The SplFileInfo class has a method getExtension which is inherited in Mysidia's file class, this method is only available on servers running PHP 5.3.6 or above.

If your server is running PHP version between 5.3.0 to 5.3.6, I can try to get it to work for you with some minor edits. However, if it is PHP 5.2.x you will have to upgrade your PHP or change hosting service.

will get back to you on pho on hosting ASAP. I know this is minor hiccup kind of thing.

It seems to me that your server does not have SPL library enabled, or that your server is not running PHP 5.3.x. The SplFileInfo class has a method getExtension which is inherited in Mysidia's file class, this method is only available on servers running PHP 5.3.6 or above.

If your server is running PHP version between 5.3.0 to 5.3.6, I can try to get it to work for you with some minor edits. However, if it is PHP 5.2.x you will have to upgrade your PHP or change hosting service.

Thank you after reviewing your comment and checking server settings I have changed the hosting php to 5.4 php and was able to get the code installed error free. I am thrilled to see this project moving to object orientation and smarty plug-in use I am excited to see what great things can be done with wanted areas of interest now. The sky is no where near the limits for this now :) keep up the great work.

You are very welcome, you do not need PHP 5.4 to run the script though, as I believe PHP 5.3+ should be good enough. I've had people running into problems 'cause they were using PHP 5.2, cant help much when this happens lol.

And best luck with your adoptables site.

I seem to be having issues with the breeding script... I have adoptables that are level 1, (required level 1), male and female, but for whatever reason, they aren't showing up in the breeding center....

(god, what is it with me and glitches)

Well change the default value for field 'lastbred' in table prefix.owned_adoptables to 0 rather than NULL. I remember in older MySQL version a NULL value is automatically converted into 0 for integer fields, it does not seem to be doing this anymore.

If you dont know how to do this, I will post another solution that requires modification of the breeding script. It wont be hard, but still more tedious than just altering default value in phpmyadmin.

No worries, I guess I should take users hosting packages into account in future releases.XD Still I wont revert back to PHP 5.2 support, but anything other than that is achievable. ^^

This is awesome! <3 I've installed it on my site, and so far have had no issues whatsoever.
This script is amazing and incredibly helpful to those wanting to make their own adoptable sites but lack the coding knowledge. Thank you so much for all your effort, support, and care put into this script; it does not go unappreciated. :D

Do we still have the changes to be made for forum integration for phpBB or not? I don't want to fight with MyBB (it doesn't like me much... *shrugs*)

Well MyBB forum integration is the officially support bridge, sure in theory every forumware can work with this script. Perhaps someone made an unofficial bridge for PHPBB?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Forum Contains New Posts
  • Forum Contains No New Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BerrieMilk
BETA

Latest Threads