Mysidia Adoptables v1.3.3[Security Release]

Forum
Last Post
Threads / Messages
Status
Not open for further replies.
Never mind, I was a silly panda. I forgot to add the Chibifurs_ part of the database name...

Thank you for being patient with me. It means the world.

I see, no worries I am just glad to see it work for you. Lemme know if you get any questions.

And regarding your last question, yes it can work even if you have users on your forum already, but you wont be able to sync forum users into your adoptables site. The trick here is to go to phpmyadmin and change the auto_increment ID to be identical from your adoptables and forum's table prefix.users. The User ID must match from one database to another.

back with yet another question lol. I'm not sure if this is mysidia relate of phpbb related but here it goes.

I am trying to upload my phpbb forum to the server. I got the files in the thing and the link is: http://chibifurs.com/forum/phpbb/

I am getting the error: Fatal Error: Class ForumController either does not exist, or has its include path misconfigured!

I am unable to install it due to this error. Anything you might suggest?

You need a .htaccess file for your forum directory. If phpbb has one, upload it. Otherwise, simply upload the .htaccess file inside folder /install from mysidia adoptables.

Okay that did get me a step further but brought up a different error, this time from firefox (my browser)

-------------

The page isn't redirecting properly

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept
cookies.

--------------

I have cookies to always accept.

umm this is weird, but would you mind telling me why your directory /forum/phpbb? I thought phpbb and forum are the same thing? Anyway, does PHP come with a .htaccess file? If so, you need to upload that file. Sometimes its in .txt format, you need to change it to htaccess format instead.

That was just to test somethis. the old forum had been forum/upload and I didn't know if it had been the second location making the difference. obviously not but hey, it was worth a shot xD.

it does and it's in there in the htaccess format.

Well if it is in .htaccess format the forum should work for you perfectly. Are you sure it is not in .txt format, since some internat applications' .htaccess files do appear this way? Anyway you should upload the folder /upload to your root directory and rename it as forum rather than upload the entire folder of phpbb to your server with a subdirectory called /upload.

Okay.....well phpBB folks say its something to do with Mysidia and we're running around in circles over here....If I PM yo uthe information, would you log in to our panel and see if you can find whats wrong? I'm thinking the problem at the moment may be that I don't know what I'm looking for. (Sometimes a second pair of eyes picks up what the first didn't)

Well the best idea is to install PHPBB in a different directory rather than in a subdirectory of Mysidia, this will completely get rid of any possible .htaccess issues. Anyway, MyBB seems to work fine with Mysidia so long as its own .htaccess file is uploaded properly, not sure why PHPBB has this problem. Yes you can send me your login credentials, I will see what I can do to help you.

Thanks hun. I'll send you the stuff over in a PM. Where do you think I should upload the new directory once you're done peaking around?

Id say uploading the folder /upload to the root directory and rename it as /forum, but anyway I will see how it works. If you've installed the adoptables script in the root directory, it can be a bit tricky.

Okay. I want to make sure I've got a handle on this before I do it. Wat if we did it like this:

Install Mysidia in a folder such as /adopts (or something like that)
Then install the forum in a folder such as /forum

(replied to PM)

Then you wont have url redirect problem between the two applications. As a folder inside the mysidia directory is considered a subdirectory inside the script, you will need a proper .htaccess to change the url redirect settings in each directory.

Okay. we through a new installation with mysidia at chibifurs.com/home. went though the whole thing and got the following error when it was completed on the new main page.

Warning: require(/home/chibifur/public_html/inc/smarty/Smarty.class.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/chibifur/public_html/home/classes/class_mysidia.php on line 323

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/chibifur/public_html/inc/smarty/Smarty.class.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/chibifur/public_html/home/classes/class_mysidia.php on line 323

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Forum Contains New Posts
  • Forum Contains No New Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BerrieMilk
BETA

Latest Threads