Installing the MAS

Forum
Last Post
Threads / Messages
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's "File Transfering Protocol". Just like HTTP is "Hypertext Transfer Protocol". Web is all protocol based, so every "TP" is most likely a transfer protocol

Ah, that sounds more right. xD I have such trouble with abrivations.

I probably asked this before, but:

I have this error:

Could not connect to database, the following error has occurred:
SQLSTATE[HY000] [1045] Access denied for user 'glorykat'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

How do I solve this?

I probably asked this before, but:

I have this error:

Could not connect to database, the following error has occurred:
SQLSTATE[HY000] [1045] Access denied for user 'glorykat'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

How do I solve this?

This sort of error can plague any user working with any framework setup that connects to MySQL, because the problem here lies with the username/password you're trying to connect to the database with. I personally can't advise much beyond triple checking your configuration for Mysidia to make sure it is trying to use the correct details, checking your MySQL through PHPMyAdmin to make sure that you can indeed log in with that same username/password combination, and then checking your permissions for that user - to make sure the user has access to all the functions of the database.

After browsing around the web trying to find some help for troubleshooting, all I found was the following vague gems:
  • Sometimes you have to use localhost not 127.0.0.1 for this to work.
  • Is the password in quotes?
  • This might be worth a read since you're on localhost (presumably through WAMP or similar). But it may be rather very irrelevant to this situation.

And whether you attempt this first or last, you can always try creating a new user in PHPMyAdmin, just to make sure you did it properly the first time.

another problem:

Warning: require(/home/foxmerev/public_html/inc/smarty/Smarty.class.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/foxmerev/public_html/classes/class_mysidia.php on line 326

Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required '/home/foxmerev/public_html/inc/smarty/Smarty.class.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/foxmerev/public_html/classes/class_mysidia.php on line 326

another problem:

Warning: require(/home/foxmerev/public_html/inc/smarty/Smarty.class.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/foxmerev/public_html/classes/class_mysidia.php on line 326

Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required '/home/foxmerev/public_html/inc/smarty/Smarty.class.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/foxmerev/public_html/classes/class_mysidia.php on line 326

What's the directory path in your config file look like?

directory path?

how do i figure that out XD

all that's in there is this:

<?php
//Mysidia Adoptables Site Configuration File

define('DBHOST', 'localhost'); //DB Hostname
define('DBUSER', 'foxmerev_gloryka'); //DB Username
define('DBPASS', '***********'); //DB Password
define('DBNAME', 'foxmerev_main'); //Your database name
define('DOMAIN', 'foxmerevale.x10.mx'); //Your domain name (No http, www or . )
define('SCRIPTPATH', ''); //The folder you installed this script in
define('PREFIX', 'adopts_prefix');
?>

went into classes and found this:

}

/**
* The getTemplate method, will be added later once smarty or another template engine such as Twig is implemented.
* @access public
* @return Template
*/
public function getTemplate(){
$templateClass = "inc/smarty/Smarty.class.php";
require $this->path->getRoot().$templateClass;

$this->template = new Template($this->path);
Registry::set(new String("template"), $this->template, TRUE, TRUE);
return $this->template;
}

which appears to be part of my problem because it cant call upon smarty (it's not there)

okay i edited smarty and now this occurs:

Warning: require(/home/foxmerev/public_html/lang/lang_global.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/foxmerev/public_html/classes/class_language.php on line 78

Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required '/home/foxmerev/public_html/lang/lang_global.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/foxmerev/public_html/classes/class_language.php on line 78

Last edited:
Fatal Error

I have a fatal error when clicking the - "You will need to log in to your installation of Mysidia Adoptables before you can access the ADMINCP.

This is what I get when I click Log In:

Fatal error: Class 'AppController' not found in /home/a3397944/public_html/login.php on line 3

Everything has been installed .. I'm confused. Help.

.matt

@mattinc

What is the url to your site?

Is it like mysite.com or is it like mysite.com/pets?

If it's like the second example then your problem is the 'script path' in config.php.... in that situation the 'script path' would be the part after the .com (in the example I show, script path would be '/pets')

Last edited:
Original issue I posted about appears to be fixed, I can log into my account but I am not able to get into the admin control panel. Also, the site doesn't load right and I think it's the result of being on a subdomain. If anyone has any settings suggestions for subdomain installation, I would really appreciate it!

my site is: messengers.godspack.com

EDIT: After messing around with things, now I can't log in. Buh. I use Godaddy for my hosting, everything is technically in the godspack.com/messengers folder because it's a subdomain. Can't seem to get anything to work!

EDIT2: Have tried changing the config.php file to this:

<?php
//Mysidia Adoptables Site Configuration File

define('DBHOST', 'messengersadopt.db.12382978.hostedresource.com'); //DB Hostname
define('DBUSER', 'messengersadopt'); //DB Username
define('DBPASS', '******'); //DB Password
define('DBNAME', 'messengersadopt'); //Your database name
define('DOMAIN', 'godspack.com'); //Your domain name (No http, www or . )
define('SCRIPTPATH', '/messengers'); //The folder you installed this script in
define('PREFIX', 'adopts_');
?>

Now the site LOOKS correct when you go to godspack.com/messengers but if you attempt to log in, it just takes you to a 404 page. In fact, all links don't function correctly. BUH.

Last edited:
I'm on subdomains and it works great, but only after I worked with the .htaccess file.

Did you try the fix I had added to your other post? Let us know :)

I'm on subdomains and it works great, but only after I worked with the .htaccess file.

Did you try the fix I had added to your other post? Let us know :)

At the moment, I got frustrated and just bought a second domain and did it that way. If Mysidia doesn't work out as an overall option, I got a programmer friend interested in helping with the project. Thank you!

Hi! I'm brand new and am trying to get this site up and running, but I'm running into some issues. Hopefully this is the right place to ask! I used this tutorial to install MAS onto my site, hosted by x10. I got all the way to this page:

ScreenShot2014-08-27at91609PM.png

And then when I click on Log in, it takes me to a blank page. The other links take me to a page not found. I'm not sure what I did wrong, but hopefully someone can help me!

Thanks!

thepond.x10.mxmys

If you are using x10hosting, it should be thepond.x10.mx without "mys" at the end, I think

Thanks. I went back and reinstalled so that the site name is http://www.thepond.x10.mx. I'm still getting a completely blank page when I try to log in though. :/ I'm so new to coding, I probably really messed up lol.

I think x10hosting changed some settings that made this script malfunction on their servers. It used to happen before, when users were reporting issues with PDO class/object not found. Its strange though, as I was trying to fix ilrak's site but couldnt do it somehow. I will see what solution I can find for this issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.