Help with Installing MAS on x10 hosting

Forum
Last Post
Threads / Messages

Eggy

Mysidian Dollar
Hi everyone,

I've been trying to install MAS with x10 Hosting for a while and I keep running into the same roadblock, namely, when I try to enter the URL of my site at the very end with /install/index.php at the end, I get an error message that says the page "/install/index.php" was not found and there was also a 404 error while trying to retrieve "Error Document". I'm not really sure what's going on...

Here are some things I have tried:
-Changed the script in class_path file to say "/home/eggysdepot.x10.bz/public_html/"
-Renamed config_adopts to config.php
-Changed permission setting on config.php as well as gif, png, and jpg

If anyone can help me, please reply, and if you need access to my FTP server or something, I might need a run through on how to do that xD (sorry, super new to the whole thing!)

Thanks!

Try the first thing you tried as "/home/eggysdepot/public_html/" without .x10.bz.

Try the first thing you tried as "/home/eggysdepot/public_html/" without .x10.bz.

Hmm, I tried that and it still gives me the same message: "Not Found. -- The requested URL /install/index.php was not found on this server. -- Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

When I visit eggysdepot.x10.bz, what I see is a directory listing with a zip folder dumped into it. Which means, essentially, you would need to visit your install file at eggysdepot.x10.bz/Mysidia%20Adoptables%20v1.3.4/install/ and that, indeed, works just fine.

But that would mean your site would be eggysdepot.x10.bz/Mysidia%20Adoptables%20v1.3.4/

What a mouthful! I doubt that's your goal. (Fun fact of the day: Spaces in folder names online must be replaced by their html character equivalent to work in the browser bar, so, %20.)

Remove it from its folder and put the contents directly inside your website if you want your site to be at just eggysdepot.x10.bz/ and leave the path file as I instructed in my last post. If you still want it inside a folder, say at eggysdepot.x10.bz/mypetsite, rename the folder called 'Mysidia Adoptables v1.3.4' to 'mypetsite' and be sure to change the line in the path file to something more like this:

$this->root = "/home/eggysdepot/public_html/mypetsite";

But, again, that last step is only if you really wanted your site inside of a folder.

Last edited:
Wow, thanks so much! I think that folder was the issue! Ahh, you're a life saver! :pleased: