Installing the MAS

Forum
Last Post
Threads / Messages
Status
Not open for further replies.
hi, im really new to this and i have tried both tutorials with 0 success with is rather frustrating.

Tut 1- Stuck at 10- The FileZilla wont recongnize the Host-User and pass and it wont connect

with Tut 2-
I cant upload the Zip file because it says (Data Error)

i completely stumped. :BIGO:

i did that and no help. i got to after i install the script

antillia.comxa.com/index.php

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/a6382099/public_html/classes/resource/native/objective.php on line 3

I have the same user as Phoeniix. Fresh install on a paid host.
I even tried redownloading the files and retrying.

I have an idea on what it might be. I'm going to mess around and see if it changes anything.

Edit:

I suspect it may have something to do with php versions. Because I had this issue in the past I believe. What php version does the script need/run on?

I get the follow errors on these php versions.

4.4.9:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting T_OLD_FUNCTION or T_FUNCTION or T_VAR or '}' in /home/REMOVED/index.php on line 15

5.0.5 - 5.1.6 - 5.2.17 - 5.2.17 with Suhosin patch:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/REMOVED/classes/resource/native/objective.php on line 3

5.3.27 - 5.4.17:

Fatal error: Class 'InputComponent' not found in /home/REMOVED/classes/class_textcomponent.php on line 17

Last edited:
Well the script requires PHP 5.3 or above(or more precisely, PHP 5.3.9+, but it's easy to get around so long as you use PHP 5.3), it does not work with PHP 4 or PHP 5.2. I wonder why you are getting the class not found error on PHP 5.3.27-5.4.17 though, as far as I know the script runs on these versions of PHP.

I've installed php on my computer and I'm going to start doing some more testing with php versions.

U are free to do so, but I believe it's clear what versions of PHP is required for this script. PHP 5.3 and 5.4 should be able to run this script without issues, there is no support for PHP 5.2 unfortunately.

I have access to php 5.3 and 5.4. You say it should be able to run, but it's not o-o

I'm not trying to get it to work on php 5.2. I'm trying to get it to work in general.

Umm this is weird, u said u are running the script on ur own computer? Are u sure u have enabled most PHP extensions? I saw that ur having this class not found error, it may have something to do with the loader class not doing it's job. Do u have spl extensions enabled? Is the spl's autoload_register function working properly?

I've tried both on my computer and on my paid hosting service. The errors I posted were on my hosting service.

Umm that's so strange, as far as I know the script runs on most webhosts, the class not found error u posted was honestly the very first time I've ever heard of. If u don't mind, please do keep testing the script on ur server and lemme know if u find out why the script ain't working on ur webhost. I'd be curious to find out the cause of this error.

When i enter my host user and password on filezilla that i got from ooowebhost, it says it can't connect to the server

When i enter my host user and password on filezilla that i got from ooowebhost, it says it can't connect to the server

First - you're not using "localhost" as the host, correct?

That web host has a page for their FTP program, I can't remember exactly where on the page. It should have all of your details, double-check that you're entering the correct details.

What is the exact message you're getting when it doesn't connect? Is it saying it can't find the server, there are too many connections...?

it shows 2 errors. error: connection timed out and error: Could not connet to server.
I followed the deirections. It game me this information:

MySQL database will be created in 1 minute. Use these details for your PHP scripts:

$mysql_host = "host";
$mysql_database = "database";
$mysql_user = "user";
$mysql_password = "password";

I changed the values for this post, but I used the actual values on filezilla. I was also sent an email with account details and file upload details. All of these showed the same error messages.

the upload details contained FTP hostname, username, and password. That didn't work either.

Please edit your post instead of double posting.

With the ones you posted, those are your mySQL details, not your FTP details.

MySQL is your database, it resides on your server and is used to store information. You'll need that for installing the script. FTP stands for "Files to Program", if I remember correctly, and is a remote way to access your file manager. Only your FTP details can be put into filezilla.

I'm signing up for 000webhost to see if I can find your details easier.

Oh thank you so much. Turns out I was using the wrong password... sorry for the inconvenience!

Alright, that's good to hear! Tell us if you have any more questions~

Status
Not open for further replies.