How to change the default layout.

Forum
Last Post
Threads / Messages

alonaria

Premium Member
Mysidian Dollar
Hello! The default elements layout is lovely, but how could I make a different layout the default? The only thing that I know is that you have to edit the database, I believe? A detailed tutorial would be extremely appreciated.

Thank you on the behalf of the WIP Nom Nom Adopts!

umm this... Tbh I have no idea how to do that, I am only a coder myself. Maybe true artists like Nyxi, Chibi and Elfhome will help out. ^^

I am not sure what you mean? Like code a whole new template? or do what im doing.. http://chaoisland.netne.net/

They mean kind of like you are doing. It also includes changing the background color and the header/footer. (I'm not totally sure as I'm not too familiar with the Mys default layout/CSS.)

(BTW nice site so far, don't forget to give credit to Sega for the idea of "Chao's")

Thanks and yeah i'll definitely give full credit to everyone! no where near launch and im getting a dedicated host, soon as its done... however school is killing me. I can not do art or code this stuff from scratch... but if i look at all the <div> <tb> <tr> <script> i can usually figure it out really well. I understand variables so i can change those too. installing these mods should also be no problem for me so if anyone needs help i wouldn't mind taking a look.

Last edited:
Hello! The default elements layout is lovely, but how could I make a different layout the default? The only thing that I know is that you have to edit the database, I believe? A detailed tutorial would be extremely appreciated.

Thank you on the behalf of the WIP Nom Nom Adopts!

If you already have other layouts installed, you can set them as the default one through ACP->Site settings->View or Edit Theme and Template Settings