Change Default Pet Name

Forum
Last Post
Threads / Messages

Abronsyth

A Headache Embodied
Mysidian Dollar
Hello!

I was wondering if any of you lovely folks know how I'd be able to make it so that the default pet name is just "Unnamed" instead of the pet type?

Pets that result from breedings, promocodes (I think), adopt stores, and when the box is left blank are given the pet type as the default, and since my pet-types are kind of weird to help me keep organized I'm trying to make it so that they don't show up on the site from the user's perspective.

Thank you,
Abron

Actually, looking at it I think the only file I need to alter is adopt.php, this line;
PHP:
			$name = (!$mysidia->input->post("name"))?$adopt->getType():$mysidia->input->post("name");

Likely something to do with the getType part, but I'm not sure what here to change to make it put "Unnamed" instead of the pet type?

Just change $adopt->getType() to "Unnamed", and it should be good enough for you. This only takes care of adoption though, you need to do something similar for breeding.

Works like a charm, thank you!

Now to change it for bred and promocode adopt I'd alter the string where the new pet is inserted into the database, correct? So for class_breeding.php I alter to:
PHP:
			$mysidia->db->insert("owned_adoptables", array("aid" => NULL, "type" => $adopt->getType(), "name" => "Unnamed"...

Awesome! Haha, I'm very slowly figuring out what to look for and what means what XD Just wait, 20 years and I'll maybe know what I'm doing!

Thanks for the help, HoF!

Edit:
I am having trouble figuring out where I change it for adoptables purchased at a shop...could you possibly point me in the right direction?

Last edited: