Cant get the site to work

Forum
Last Post
Threads / Messages
All right I'm back. Its ok. This stuff is complicated and I don't claim to be a professional at this stuff. I'm an artist, I probably should not be touching this stuff, But I love the challenge. XD; I set up the Oekaki ok with out too much problem, I thought this would be a breeze after that and I could have my own little adoptable site. Anyway-

Screenshot2011-01-19at72850PM.png

Screenshot2011-01-19at72907PM.png

Screenshot2011-01-19at72924PM.png

I'm still wondering why it gave me http://[b]www[/b].neon.planetkalzy.com/adoptables

Well this is definitely wrong, since there's no folder called adoptables on your site. Leave this field blank and give a try again, lemme know if it works or not.

I still seem to be getting the same errors

Index says:

Warning: mysql_numrows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /webroot/p/l/plane026/neon/www/inc/functions.php on line 187

Warning: file_get_contents() [function.file-get-contents]: Filename cannot be empty in /webroot/p/l/plane026/neon/www/index.php on line 80

It still lists the URL as http://www.neon.planetkalzy.com

umm guess the subdomain cant be used in this way indeed. Is there a way to contact your host to retrieve the exact location/path of the script files? Does your host offer live chat service?

It says it on there site:
Full Path: /webroot/p/l/plane026/neon/www

If I add PlanetKalzy.com to that, do you think it might work?

Well what I am asking for is a path that you use on webbrowsers, a good example would be:

http://www.planetkalzy.com/neon/www/

Anyway if there's still no way to figure this out, I'd like to host your site for you. Not sure if you want it though, it will be planetkalzy.mysidiaadoptables.com then.

I tryed to make a folder on Planet kalzy and the same errors happened. http://www.planetkalzy.com/ng

I guess the only way I can make the site is to take down and replace the portfolio site.
I don't really need it right now and I have been thinking of getting a new name for my self. XD;

I'm going to see if Ominis has a live chat. Its late for me to be calling them.

Alright, best luck doing that. I will see if there's an alternative way to fix this installation error for you, again I am terribly sorry you have to go through all these pains to use an adoptable script.

Warning: mysql_numrows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /webroot/p/l/plane026/neon/www/inc/functions.php on line 187

This is usually because there is an incorrect MySQL query. After looking at the file, my guess is that the prefix you used for the Database is incorrect in some way. It's finding the file, it's just not being able to connect to the correct table and get the information. What did you put in your prefix?

Explain more on what you mean?

I'm talking to someone on my host, they have confirmed that nothing is being sent to my Database. They are still looking into it.

This is strange, nothing is being sent to your database? Kaeliah may be right, incorrect table prefix may be a reason that causes this problem for you. Is it possible for you access phpmydmin?

OK they have looked into it some points are:

unfortunately that is not how sub domains work with omnis. when you create a sub domain a folder is created at the root of the server not as a sub folder.
when you created the sub domain you were asked to name a folder. so your path would be /nameoffolder/www

well the problem is with the script, unfortunately there isn't much we can do. for some reason it requires that you install it in a sub folder. it appears that you will not be able to use a sub domain to host it

I see, thats too bad. Can you still possibly give a try based on what Kaeliah has suggested? If this still doesnt work, report to me and we will see what else we can possibly do to help you. Also you do not really need a subdomain to install this script, you only need a subfolder that contains all script files. Ask them if you can upload an entire adoptables folder to your domain.

Hall of Famer

The subdomain shouldn't be an issue. The error isn't FINDING the file. That's not the problem. The problem is the connection with your database. When installing the script you were asked for a table prefix to install with. For whatever reason it's your database that's not working.

Well what Kaeliah said was that you could've specified a wrong database table prefix that prevented the scripts from connecting your database. Can you access phpmyadmin? If so, take a screenshot of it and I will see what table prefix you should use for your site.

If the subdomain was messed up, the code wouldn't be able to find the file. The error tells me it's not only finding the file, it's realizing that the MySQL query on line 187 is not executing correctly. That's what the numrows error is. The numrows is calling the error because there is no result to count, which means the query is not executing properly. There could be several reasons for this.

1. the PREFIX on your tables does not match the prefix listed in the config file. To check this, download the inc/config.php file and open it up in notepad. Near the bottom you should see something like : $prefix = "blahblah"
The default prefix is 'adopts_' although you can enter another one. Now access your database. PhpMyAdmin is the most popular access, but there are other ones too. Listed before each of your tables should be the prefix. Make sure it matches the prefix listed in the config file. If it doesn't, fix the config file and upload it.

2. Your database simply is not working. If that's the case, you'll want to talk to your host and figure out why.