Forum
Last Post
Threads / Messages

AlkseeyaKC

Mysidian Dollar
I got threw all the database stuffs an none of the links to admin or index work
http://neon.planetkalzy.com/

I noticed that it gave me the url of http://www.neon.planetkalzy.com/adoptables

I'm wondering if the fact that mine is a sub domain is a problem?
I have the planetkalzy.com for my portfolio site. I would rather not get rid of that. I was hoping sub domain would work. It did for my Oekaki board.

Is there anyway around this?

What did you enter for the database server, user and script path fields? Installation fails if you enter wrong values for each field.

I entered them all in correctly and made it to the user information. I never saw any fails.

I go have this on my main page

Warning: mysql_numrows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /webroot/p/l/plane026/neon/www/inc/functions.php on line 187

Warning: file_get_contents() [function.file-get-contents]: Filename cannot be empty in /webroot/p/l/plane026/neon/www/index.php on line 80

I guess I'll post this I just feel uncomfortable having it posted like this
mysql.planetkalzy.com
plane026_chibi

DN: neon.planetkalzy.com
SP: /adoptables

So in this case this code really dose not work with subdomains?
That would be the Neon infront of the planetkalzy.com

Is it posible to have it go to something like planetkalzy.com/neon
?

Well it should work with subdomains, but in a different way. When you create a subdomain 'sub', a folder called 'sub' should automatically be created in public_html. Both of the following urls are supposed to load, but only the latter can be used here to install Mys v1.1.0:

sub.yourdomain.com
yourdomain.com/sub

If the folder 'neon' exists on your site, you should enter www.planetkalzy.com as your domain and script path to be /neon/adoptables.

planetkalzy.com/neon would work from my best assumptions since parts of my own adoptable site are spread out in subfolders :meow:

EDIT: Ninja'd XD

To assess the files on PlanetKalzy, I click on neon/www and all the files are located there.

Edit:
Looking it up on Omnis they gave this information

* Full Path: /webroot/p/l/plane026/neon/www
* FTP Path: /neon/www

Last edited:
I tried it with my oekaki URL and it dose the same thing. I don't know what any of this means because maybe Ominis has some weird way of doing sub domains?

http://planetkalzy.com/oekamie
http://oekamie.planetkalzy.com/

I only compare the two because I had to go threw the same proses to make my oekaki. The only difference was that the oekaki set up the database for me.

Edit: I do know they have an extra folder
Like you go into /neon an there are etc and www

Last edited:
Yeah, this is highly possible. The easiest way to fix this problem is simply to create a new folder called 'neon' in public_html, or whatever you wanna call it, and upload all files to this folder. Make sure the script path is /neon then.

I can try that. Will that end the end make the url neon.planetkalzy.com?

Edit: It don't see a way I can do that, I got a "permissions Denied (SSH_FX_PERMISSION_DENIED: the user dose not hae sufficient permissions to preform this operation.)

I think Ominis has a way so that you can not add new stuff there unless you make a new sub domain. o_O

Like The actual folder for www.planetkalzy.com is in a folder called /www

Last edited:
umm I believe you can set up subdomains afterwards. Here's how I'd normally do:

vzk577.jpg

umm you cant create a new folder? o_o This is strange, can you try to upload a script folder to your domain? I mean, a script folder that contains all the files.

This is what mine looks like
Screenshot2011-01-19at65446PM.png

this is basicly what I did for the others so I may come out the same as the other urls

I see, seems that your host does use a weird system. Can you show me a few screenshots of you using ftp? Maybe I can retrieve info of your script path this way.