Errr...i cant view the image!

Forum
Last Post
Threads / Messages

SieghartZeke

Mysidian Dollar
I have aq problem when i upload the image on the server but when i do the manage, i cant view!!

the site is here:

http://gcaworld.l4rge.com

You are uploading through your Admin CP, correct? When you try to view the image, do you get an error of any type?

Are you using only gifs or jpgs? I only use png files so the images don't appear to me when I manage things in the ACP, I have to manually enter the image URL for the adoptable when I add an adoptable or add a level etc. If you use gifs or jpgs they should show up though.

I do the same thing, Haylzee, and it works just fine. I upload them via CPanel and then copy the URL into the external URL box, have you tried that?

Arianna said:
I do the same thing, Haylzee, and it works just fine. I upload them via CPanel and then copy the URL into the external URL box, have you tried that?

Yeah that's what I do. :) It would be cool to be able to select them from the drop down menu when you manage, but it's not essential.

No i didnt get an error! say that i have correctly uploaded but when i do the manage i cant view!

Ok. It sounds like your server doesn't like .htaccess files then. What you need to do is delete the file named .htaccess from inside of your picuploads > gif and picuploads > jpg folders. You can either delete it using a file manager provided by your webhost or by using an FTP program. Removing the file should allow you to view the images. Some free hosts don't support the .htaccess file, which is odd but also likely the problem. :)

Uhm i try........

An i have deleted the index in the gif and jpg folder......

Snifff....dont work!!!

An other things......i find the image in the gif folder but i cant view in my manage image!!!
v8kcqh.png

When you say you can't view the images, do you get any error message, white screen, etc? What happens specifically?

Try viewing the page source in your browser, then find the URL for the image in the page source and copy / paste it into your address bar. Then see if you get an error. :)

If you still cant see the image using the method BMR suggested, its prob likely that the webhost you have chosen doesnt all something called "hotlinking" , which means the images can not be viewed anywhere except for on the actual website address.

Finded the url but when i click i show this:
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN">
<html><head>
<title>500 Internal Server Error</title>
</head><body>
<h1>Internal Server Error</h1>
<p>The server encountered an internal error or
misconfiguration and was unable to complete
your request.</p>
<p>Please contact the server administrator,
webmaster@l4rge.com and inform them of the time the error occurred,
and anything you might have done that may have
caused the error.</p>
<p>More information about this error may be available
in the server error log.</p>
<p>Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error
error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.</p>
</body></html>

Did you delete all of the .htaccess files? Usually the .htaccess file is what causes the 500 error. :)

deleted all htaccess.....
the url image is here:http://www.l4rge.com/picuploads/gif/da030bc065df132eb1b99cac555d33e3.gif

Did you change the cmod to 777 as instructed ?? because when i try to see your link it tells me that the folder is locked/password protected.

And if you did delete the .htaccess you need to readd it....

Ok. If the .htaccess is gone and the pic is still not appearing, try CHMODDING the picuploads > gif and picuploads > jpg folders to 755 instead of 777. Some servers with overly strict security throw an error when a folder has 777 permissions.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! Dont work!!!! Damn!!! =_=
Err...other thing...when i go to view the file without the link in my control panel i show! Why???
2d0lxmh.jpg

What do you mean? It looks just fine to me. Copy the URL of the image there, that would be the right one. ;)