Breeding question

Forum
Last Post
Threads / Messages

demoness

Mysidian Dollar
Why I can breed pets only with one male from all my pets? :hmmm: They all have same type but I can choose for breeding only one male -_-

Well this is not possible at this point, you need a male and a female. It will need a bit of code revision to achieve asexual reproduction.

No, I mean different thing xD I say that in breeding section I can choose all of my females but from males is available only the newest one :displeased:

Oh I see, sorry. Your adoptables need to be at or above the required breeding level, so chances are your other male pets do not meet this criteria. Also if you have already bred an adoptable, it wont be available for further reproduction until a certain amount of time elapses.

Hm.. All adoptables is able to breed, I checked it twice) Maybe something wrong in code?

PHP:
   // First let's show available female adoptables
   $stmt = $mysidia->db->select("owned_adoptables", array(), "owner = '{$mysidia->user->username}' AND gender = 'f' AND currentlevel >= {$mysidia->settings->breedinglevel} AND lastbred <= '{$lastweek}'");
   if($stmt->rowcount() == 0) $mysidia->page->addcontent($lang->female);
   else{     
      $femaleform = "<p>Female: <select name='female'>";
	  while($row = $stmt->fetchObject()) {
		 $femaleform .= "<option value='{$row->aid}'>{$row->name} ({$row->type})</option>";
	  }
	  $femaleform .= "</select></p>";
	  $mysidia->page->addcontent($femaleform);
   }

// Then show available male adoptables
   $row = $mysidia->db->select("owned_adoptables", array(), "owner = '{$mysidia->user->username}' AND gender = 'm' AND currentlevel >= {$mysidia->settings->breedinglevel} AND lastbred <= '{$lastweek}'")->fetchObject();
   if(!is_object($row)) $mysidia->page->addcontent($lang->male);
   else{
      $maleform = "<p>Male: <select name='male'>
                  <option value='{$row->aid}'>{$row->name} ({$row->type})</option>";				  
	  while ($row = $stmt->fetchObject()) {
		 $maleform .= "<option value='{$row->aid}'>{$row->name} ({$row->type})</option>";
	  }
	  $maleform .= "</select></p>";
	  $mysidia->page->addcontent($maleform);
   }

Nope theres nothing wrong with the code, especially if you have just installed a fresh copy. What is your minimum breeding level for adoptables? Did you check carefully that your other male adoptables are indeed capable of breeding?

Minimal level for breeding is 1(

For example I have 3 pets: 1 female and 2 males, all have same type, all have 1 level.

weNx343.jpg

But for breeding available only 1 male:

PQsvGz8.jpg

I don't even know what to check more -_-

umm this is weird, and you are sure that you have not bred Miami before? You can check this by going to database table prefix.owned_adoptables. Use phpmyadmin to check the last column 'lastbred', if there is a nonzero value for Miami you may have bred him before so you have to wait.

If the "type" is different then they cant breed also, like a rat type and a cat type can not breed.

Demoness, what is your site name? (Also known as, can I come join your site?) I wanna check something out.

Same issue here too. I have two breed classes. Budgie and Cockatiel. My cockatiels are at the correct level to breed and I have a male and female that have never bred. Yet only budgies show in the breeding list.

Are you still having a problem with this? Let me know, and I'll try to help :)

Um, I hate to say it and bump up this old thread, but I still have this problem. ^_^' I'm betting it got solved in the update? I'm a bit jealous of the newer breeding system, but theres nothing I can do lol. Is there any possibility of fixing this?

Um, I don't know if this will have any effect on breeding, but I noticed that 2 of the "male" codes seem a bit different than its "female" counter part... could this be the issue?

Last edited:
Um, the breeding works fine for everyone, its just the drop down menu thats not working. It only shows the first male you have, once you breed that male the next one pops onto the list lol. So its only showing one male at a time, which means people cant choose which male they want... I have a feeling I should be able to figure it out, but I'm so worn out after the past few days I shouldnt have tried setting it up really. >.<'