Ratties FTW! - A Rat Adoptable Site

Forum
Last Post
Threads / Messages
Really? Oh, I thought rats that aren't albino didn't have red/pink eyes... >.< Eh, never mind XD
Then doesn't that mean it'll be hard to tell whether it's an albino or not?

The rat market is a bit more complicated then it first looks... xD

If you see them next to each other, it is a lot more obvious. I've owned rats that were white and near-albino and even between them it was obvious, and one of them only had a slight difference.

Hey, I was wondering what people's thoughts are on these... I've seen a lot of really fantastic art around lately and feel bad that mine isn't up to par... so here are some very basic sketches I had for a possible redesign:

babypreview.png

They aren't finished, and will be refined. I was planning to research some possible better shading styles...

What do people think? These are all youngling stages, and I may possibly come up with more. Here is a comparison to the current younglings:

self1.png
self1a.png
self1b.png

@Nyxi thank you very much! I may have to redo the one on the bottom though - it looks so much younger then the rest. (I can tell based on body shape... they lose that after 4-weeks)

@Herbaceous thank you. :3 I actually kinda have to pixel them. I set up the site so they could be recolored - you'll have all of these blank, non-colored templates with the markings and the swatches for the colors. You pick a random pose from each stage, color with the marking you'll like and vola~ Allows for literally hundreds of combinations. :3

I was wondering about that.

I was thinking of doing a basic carrier as the first adoptable image, just so you aren't always sure what you get sometimes, but then I wasn't sure how far I should go back in images.

The ones I pirmarly had up there were 5+ weeks, about weaning time, but the one below is -4 weeks, when the babies are still with the mother. I don't really want to promote taking babies away that young.

I see (learn something new everyday), and I'll agree to that. Perhaps use it as an image for a breeder shop? Something where the babies can be seen with their mum before purchase by the customer?

That's actually a pretty good idea! I could do that with a lot of things actually... Thanks for the idea. <3

I totally stole your font :) It rocks!! Are there more fonts like that? And are you still looking for Beta testers?

Wait, which font? *has been fooling around with fonts the past few days*

I will be in a bit. Once I get the adoptables up and running - I'm in the progress of drawing the outlines at the moment.

Ratties FTW! [BETA TESTERS]

Okay guys, I'm looking for beta testers now! I need people who are willing to crawl through the site and tell me what I need to do, as well as people willing to make ratteries and help increase the site a little once it gets going.

All beta testers will receive 1000 nibbles and an exclusive rat for their help - as well as any extra things, such as payment for descriptions or coding help or anything like that.

If you're interested, please message me. :3

The site is lacking a lot of the pages it needs, but the basic adoptables are available, the items are out, and promos codes will be released over the next week. Anyone interested in being fulltime staff, or affiliates, also message me.

I'd love to beta test! I am online quite often, and I've been stalking the site for the past few months XD And, I can help with descriptions, well, with more descriptions :)

More descriptions would be awesome - if you'd like, the site is open right now, and if you don't have an account, you can make one now. I can give you the nibbles and you can start having a look around. it's still really bare though. xD

I love the CSS, absolutely gorgeous! Also, it keeps logging me out :T

Any who, I shall work on more descriptions :)

What pages are you on when it logged you out? Any certain links or anything? You have a rat, so you must have been able to be on the site for a few pages... I'll go check the database, see if it was a problem I had before...

thanks. ^.^

Huh, it all seems to be working fine now :) If it happens again, I'll record the url ;)

Oh, and just as a note, on a lot of the pages, the url has '//' before the page, for example:
http://www.ratties.x10.mx//stats.php

Just letting you know ;D Not sure if that's intentional or not :)