• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tequila

The Grim One
Staff member
Dev Staff
Mysidian Dollar
I've been working on a tarot deck for a few years now, so this project has a lot of background information to build on.

The deck will be steampunk themed, and printed on hex cards (six sided, this will be fun to do reading with...).

Here are two versions of the card design, which do you like better?
Option A
tumblr_mkjpnze3eq1sn3sreo1_500.png

Option B
tumblr_mky71ufPLr1sn3sreo1_500.png

Please vote and feel free to comment on the design!

Wow, those both look great - and they'd be work.

Personally I like the top one, because I think on a six sided thing, you'll have a ton of text and images already, not to mention any other ones you'd be holding, so keeping the image clutter down would improve how reading and such. The grey stripe would also look nicer on a die or whatever you're printing it on, vs having an image on a plain base. (this point is mute if you aren't sticking it on a base.)

Wow, those both look great - and they'd be work.

Personally I like the top one, because I think on a six sided thing, you'll have a ton of text and images already, not to mention any other ones you'd be holding, so keeping the image clutter down would improve how reading and such. The grey stripe would also look nicer on a die or whatever you're printing it on, vs having an image on a plain base. (this point is mute if you aren't sticking it on a base.)
They'd be like normal tarot cards (although I may add in astrological stuff from my Mandala Astrological tarot book/cards) just six sided.

The mandala set I own has four sided square cards:
mandalaStars.JPG

I want to make mine similar in theory, but different in design.

I'm still a little confused by what you mean by six sided - six sided like dice, or like six images on each card?

Oooohh, damn, I'm slow today. xD Okay, nevermind.

I'd still go with A, though maybe I'd change it to a slightly different shade of grey, but that's just me.

Status
Not open for further replies.