Forum
Last Post
Threads / Messages

Tequila

The Grim One
Staff member
Dev Staff
Mysidian Dollar
While driving home this afternoon I starting to think about a few boards the forum could use.

1. Services - For those of us who offer things like hosting (free or paid), artwork, templates, things of that nature
  2. Rant and Rave - not quite off-topic but more or less a place to complain about things and praise others to High Heaven (or other belief structure here)

What do we think?

Those sound fine to me, I will consider. For now lets leave it open to see what other dev staff and members have to comment.

Hall of Famer

Oh yeah, we can try adding post-based restrictions or else. I remember seeing a Vbulletin addon that does this, it is available on my pokemon forum already so shouldnt be a problem.

I think it could potentially be a great idea. However you are right about the post count as the board could be misused to the point of annoyance if you let anyone who walks in off the street use it.

Thank you for your comment elfhome, we will still need more comments on this before deciding whether to adopt Enddayne's idea.

Service-Sounds like a great idea :D Maybe people could also ask for service there too? So it's for asking for help (just like a problem but a coder or an artist, etc) or posting you'll help out :meow:
Rave and Rant-I've never heard of this type of thing :veeee: And I don't know what to expect so no opinion :hmmm:

I think services isn't a bad idea... Although we may want to be careful about scammers and the like. The second one I would suggest as a sub-board of the off-topic board. :)

Service-Sounds like a great idea :D Maybe people could also ask for service there too? So it's for asking for help (just like a problem but a coder or an artist, etc) or posting you'll help out :meow:
Rave and Rant-I've never heard of this type of thing :veeee: And I don't know what to expect so no opinion :hmmm:

That would work... Good ideas for the service one.

Rant and Rave is more like a place to complain and/or praise certain things, people, work, etc...

I think services isn't a bad idea... Although we may want to be careful about scammers and the like. The second one I would suggest as a sub-board of the off-topic board. :)

That's why I brought up a post limit for services, HoF would have to determine that though.

Ah, I didn't think of that... :bucktard:

I think this would be a great addition to the board it would help sellers to get notice whilst helping buyers at the same time to find the service they are looking for.

Service - I agree with Kae that you'd have to watch for scammers. In the end, though, I believe that it will be more beneficial than a threat. So, support. XD

R & R Board: I love R & R boards. They're great for those who need to let out a bit of stress and frustation. Sometimes I want to just scream. However, there are issues to take into consideration. Even with a 50 post minimum, R & R boards are very prone to spamming, rule breaking, and idiots who just want attention. I highly recommend you take into consideration how difficult thease boards can be. With that... I support this as well.

Re

@Gigi: Here's an example so you know what to expect. :3

User 1 said:
RANT
Oh my gosh. I can't believe the comments on YouTube SO MANY FREAKING PEOPLE put on movies from my childhood, i.e. Pocahontas, pointing out how this wouldn't work in real life, that wouldn't work, blah blah blah. I mean come ON people, it is a CHILDRENS MOVIE. GET OVER IT. >>

And some replies to that coul be;

user2 said:
I KNOW RIGHT!!! Like when it's winter and the leaves are swirling around and everyone's like, how can there be leaves in the middle of winter? o_O And I'm like really people? It's a kid movie. >>

user3 said:
I see your point, but while those are directed at children, parents have to watch them too, and the parents' opinions matter, don't they?

user1 said:
KID MOVIES. 'Nuff said.

That's the best example of what it could look like that I can think of. And a rave is the same thing except it's more like OH MY GOD!! LOOK AT MY NEW SHOES!!! [insert picture of new shoes] and people being like THOSE ARE SOOOO CUTE!!!

I fully support. ^^

That's the best example of what it could look like that I can think of. And a rave is the same thing except it's more like OH MY GOD!! LOOK AT MY NEW SHOES!!! [insert picture of new shoes] and people being like THOSE ARE SOOOO CUTE!!!

I fully support. ^^

Yay!

(and you want awesome shoes?
pyerflystock_011_by_pyerflystock.jpg
)

I like the first suggestion however the second suggest I found hugely unneeded.

Why do I find the second suggestion unneeded? Because, honestly, what is the point of a rave and rant thread. It just seems useless and it appears like a lot of the threads there would be spam/semi-spam from the examples shown. :/ This forums main purpose is the script and I think we have enough sections that are off topic. (Plus I can see rants about users or how people are acting on the forum :s)

That's just my opinion, though.

I like the first suggestion however the second suggest I found hugely unneeded.

Why do I find the second suggestion unneeded? Because, honestly, what is the point of a rave and rant thread. It just seems useless and it appears like a lot of the threads there would be spam/semi-spam from the examples shown. :/ This forums main purpose is the script and I think we have enough sections that are off topic. (Plus I can see rants about users or how people are acting on the forum :s)

That's just my opinion, though.

I don't consider it useless, because while you could (I suppose) consider it spam, what about the forum game section? Off topic chat? How about Roleplay and Trivia? It would be the same in usefullness.

Offtopic] Those are some awesome shoes, Nyxi. :3

I don't consider it useless, because while you could (I suppose) consider it spam, what about the forum game section? Off topic chat? How about Roleplay and Trivia? It would be the same in usefullness.

Offtopic] Those are some awesome shoes, Nyxi. :3

Well if there was no Off Topic Chat then we'd just be restricted to the other forums and off topic chat is very broad. Roleplay and trivia I'm eh-eh about. Forum games I don't really like that much as they are pretty useless however they can be fun sometimes.