Forum
Last Post
Threads / Messages
AlexC
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Blogs Blog entries About

• A quick note, the auto_increment field can be found in phpmyadmin's operation tab, incase you do not know. You can change this field to any numbers larger than the current largest id value, but be careful playing around it. For tables associated with adoptables and users, the 'auto_increment' fields need to be consistent.

Well the problem is not with deleting test users from either ACP or PHPMyadmin, did you rebuild 'auto_increment' by clicking the operation tab in PHPMyadmin. Be careful playing around with the 'auto_increment' field from phpmyadmin, you need to make sure this value is the same for all adoptables tables(adoptables and adoptables_conditions) and users tables(users, users_contacts, users_options, users_profile and users_status). If the auto_increment values deviate, you need to manually reset them so they are consistent. Otherwise you get the same problem again when you create a new pet, or a new user registers.
    I looked into the members list page on your site, and it seems that only your profile is available. It is obvious that the ids of other users are messed up, I am not sure how this could happen. Did you try to insert or delete rows from the table prefix.users?
    Oh profiles not showing? Then check the user ids from tables prefix.users, prefix.users_contacts, prefix.users_options, prefix.users_profile and see if the ids all match. My recommendation with the new mysidia script is that you should not try to manipulate database from phpmyadmin too much, especially with table adoptables and table users. The ids are linked with other tables, you can easily mess them up.
    That's so good to know. I released Mys 1.3.1 after I can't find out any glitches myself. If anyone of you detect anything, lemme know quickly. Depending on the seriousness of the issue I may or may not re-release the script. It's rather frustrating when some people are suffering bugs that do not happen for others, it's difficult if not impossible to find out what is wrong.
    So hows your site so far? I hope it runs flawlessly now. If not, post your problems immediately. Mys v1.3.1 is a rather huge improvement over Mys v1.3.0, it should do the job much better than the previous version.
    Alright, sounds good to me so far. Also if you have trouble installing the site or getting it to work, send me a PM and I will take care of it.
    if you want, you can have a preview of my sticker system. go to epicmiro.tk and ill give you some stickers (the adoptable is a random picture from google and the accessory is an pink thingy i draw in 2seconds, but it works)
    umm people used to take 000webhost, but it is not quite friendly towards sites using somewhat of resources now. Nemesis actually is a good host for this script at the moment.
    Indeed, I am amazed at how a site built with this script can potentially become of. MWC definitely is a good example, lol.

Well no worries, just keep me updated whenever progress is made. You may as well create a new thread for the installer, it does not seem to be much different from before though. I am considering a complete overhaul of the installer script someday, and definitely should be available before Mys v1.4.0 comes out.
    Yeah, that may be true, but with some kind of work they surely can be popular. Look at Mywarriorcats, they really are quite impressive in terms of activity.

Alright then, thanks for doing this and I hope it will work out. And sure I can sticky the thread for you once you complete it.
    I see, so you have some kind of experience here. And yeah there are pros and cons when you face little competition, and honestly the reason why competition is lacking in the field of Adoptables script is that it is non-profitable. Now you see why BMR gave up on Rusnak Adoptables in the first place, only those who are completely doing it for fun can develop the script. Have to say a commercial company will make a way better script than I can, they just wont do it 'cause no way they earn enough money from it. XD

Indeed, people may prefer different ways a tutorial is presented. Would be nice to cover them all, but just start with what you can and no need to overdo it at this stage.

The main site... Actually I barely update the main site unless a major security release is made, it still lacks contents such as TOS and site directory. I will get to that someday, thanks for bringing it up.
    Yeah, unfortunately. Too bad I am never good at advertising/promoting a site, so it will stay the way it is unless we somehow get an affiliate program out of nowhere. BMR does a much better job on this aspect though.

I dont think so yet, we do have a deviantart group but again its inactive. I wouldnt mind one though, it can help in many ways. And yeah I agree tutorials will help newbies quite a bit, the script can only hope to be more popular if it is more user-friendly. MA is easy to install and use, so you see what it becomes of.
    Ah no worries, you deserve it.

And umm, I personally do not think there is much work to do here actually. To think that this support forum isnt even 1/10 as active as MA, lol. But still, we can make it better somehow, activity is not the only measure of how successful we are anyway.

If you want to start with something, why not attempt on a possible video tutorials such as how to install/upgrade the script and a mod? Alonaria suggested that a while ago, no one bothered to give a try though.
    Alright then, enjoy.

Well that sounds like a good starting point. You do not have to be that good though, but it is necessary to be able to make minor edits. You know what I am saying when you see posts like 'Help, How can I download/install this script' every now and then, dont you?
    Id say 'suggestions & features requests' and 'adoptables buzz' sections will be good for you.

At this point I am fine with the way dev staff team current is, though after Mys v1.4.0 is released we may need more experienced PHP programmers. The creation of an Ajax battle system will be huge, and chances are one coder aint enough for such a project. Do not worry about it now though, its still too early.
    Well dont get too excited yet, I was talking about something like a forum moderator. XD It is more similar to support team, like what Alonaria and Silverdragontears have been doing. At this moment I am not sure if the dev staff team needs to hire someone, but if I do I will make it clear.

Anyway as a forum mod you are still able to see what dev staff are discussing in a private forum. Though we do not recommend non-coders to comment on development threads, you are free to browse them and get a feel of what we are doing.

So if there are any specific sections on this support forum you want to mod, lemme know and I will see for this.
    Ah thats good to know. I personally think you can be a moderator on this support forum, if you are able to figure out some basic PHP stuffand how to fix minor glitches/issues. The hard part should always be left to the Dev staff team, of course.
    I see. How good are you at PHP at this point? Dont worry I am not asking you to be a dev staff, just wondering.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Forum Contains New Posts
  • Forum Contains No New Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monako