Recent content by AlexC

Forum
Last Post
Threads / Messages
  1. AlexC

Mysidia Adoptables Tutorials

I've started an outside blog to draw some attention to virtual pets, and the centrepiece of the blog is Mysidia Adoptables. This blog will include articles, tutorials, resources, reviews and interviews of people, mods, themes, items, websites and more! I hope to have some guest authors in some...
  2. AlexC

World of Adopts

So I thought I would post a little spoiler for my next project... I've always been rather dissatisfied with the amount of information related to adoptable sites. They are a lot of fun, a nice waste of time you could say. xD But when I decided I wanted to make one, it took me ages to find enough...
  3. AlexC

Tutorial Requests?

Ooohhh, I can post blogs now, so shiny. o: Ohey everyone, it's your newest forum moderator! I have a question for the general public; I have been asked to do some tutorials on basic functions of the site - video tutorials, but I shall include write-ups as well, as soon as I get to them - and I...
  4. AlexC

Random Ramblings

Random stuff from AlexC.
  5. AlexC

Host Reviews Needed

My apologies if this is completely in the wrong section, we don't really have a general coding discussion area. I'm writing some articles for my Mysidia Adoptables blog and I'm wondering who everyone is hosted with, or has been hosted with (paid or free) and if you could provide a bit of...
  6. AlexC

Spam Protection?

Does anyone have any tips for spam protection, perhaps something I could implant until the next update (which will hopefully have some spam protection too, haha). I'm getting a bunch of sign ups from spam bots, and I have a feeling it'll only get worse once I start advertising. I'm removing the...
  7. AlexC

Login/Forum Errors

Hello everyone, the bug magnet is back in town... did a fresh install earlier today because I managed to er... "muck" up the user registration on both the forum and the site, so I figured what the heck... now I've got issues cropping up and I'm not sure if it's my host, who has been acting weird...
  8. AlexC

Random Suggestions

Was thinking about some features people might like to see added to the script. - Random events; I've always looked these on Neopets, and I think some other websites have had them as well. What if for every page you were on, you had a chance of getting a random event - you gain or lose an item...
  9. AlexC

Rat Templates/Box Pixel Needed

Hi, so I decided with my website that I would do a variety of different templates and artists if possible, since I always get so worn out doing all of them myself. I'm looking for some people to make some pixels - I'm not looking for colouring, markings or anything, I just need the basic...
  10. AlexC

What did you work on recently?

So this is similar to the other thread we've got going, but people seem to like that one, so I thought I'd try something a bit different and more "on topic". I apologize if this seems to be in the wrong forum, we don't have a mys discussion board. So what did you work on for your website today...
  11. AlexC

[v1.3.4] Bookstore Theme

Hi, I adapted this theme quickly from an already made theme - so I didn't make it per say. But I thought perhaps it would be useful for people. Since this doesn't take me very long, I thought it would help people if we had a greater variety of ready-made themes, I'll probably do this with a few...
  12. AlexC

Forum Integrate Not Working

While attempting to install a fresh version of MyBB, I got this at the end of the install; Warning: require(../inc/config.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/ratties/public_html/rats/classes/class_initializer.php on line 97 Warning...
  13. AlexC

Mysidia Tutorials + Articles

I've started a blog to talk about making virtual pet websites - especially tutorials and articles around Mysidia Adoptables. I've only just started, so I'm spacing the posts out a bit - there should be another couple up over this week. I don't have any explicit plans to add other authors, but...
  14. AlexC

How is your day today?

I thought I'd try to stimulate some discussion here, so here's a random chatting thread, since we're technically allowed to do that. How is your day, today? So far, overall, how's it going? Consider it a safe space to rant or complain - no trying to get people down, though, remember that. I'm...
  15. AlexC

Viewable Pet Pages

I was wondering; at the moment, if you go to click on another user's pet, you get the "you clicked x" page, and when you visit the page again, you don't see the pet at all, you get the "you already clicked x" message. What if we changed it, so you could see the pet all the time? Maybe have some...
  • Forum Contains New Posts
  • Forum Contains No New Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BerrieMilk
BETA

Latest Threads