Forum Integrate Not Working

Forum
Last Post
Threads / Messages

AlexC

Mysidian Dollar
While attempting to install a fresh version of MyBB, I got this at the end of the install;

Warning: require(../inc/config.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/ratties/public_html/rats/classes/class_initializer.php on line 97

Warning: require(../inc/config.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/ratties/public_html/rats/classes/class_initializer.php on line 97

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required '../inc/config.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/ratties/public_html/rats/classes/class_initializer.php on line 97

Any idea what went wrong?

It's telling you that your config.php isn't there or isn't in the right directory. Check to make sure that the file is there and that all the necessary information is filled out for the forum integration.

I can confirm that MyBB is working on Mysidia v1.3.4

There is a config.php file, but for some reason, its listing as 0kb file size. I guess I'll try reinstall.

Alright, if that doesn't work you may have received a buggy MyBB zip. You might have to create your own config.php file.

Huh, that's weird. I tried going to the forum/install page after reuploading, but I'm getting the same message.

Nothing at the moment - it didn't get a chance to even go the install page this time. I don't know if it has something to do with the way the URLs have been formatted?

It might be, or it might be something else.

Have you followed these steps?

CHMOD the following files to 666 (ie, make sure that PHP can write to them).
./inc/settings.php
./inc/config.php (you must rename config.default.php to config.php first)
./inc/languages/*your_language*/*all files* (optional)
./inc/languages/*your_language*/admin/*all files* (optional)

CHMOD the following folders to 777 (ie, make sure that PHP can write to and execute from them).
./cache/
./cache/themes/
./uploads/
./uploads/avatars/
./admin/backups/ (optional)

If you didn't follow those, the installation will not run correctly and you will receive errors.

This is an error with mybb. Try searching their forums, there's bound to be a fix.

Yeah, I followed the instructions.

I just posted here first because it was talking about a folder and file that was for this script, not theirs. I guess I'll look into it later.

Come to think about it, you probably need to manually add a default .htaccess file that does not use URL modrewrite for your mybb forum's root directory to avoid this kind of problem. There's a .htaccess file in Mysidia's install directory, which does not redirect you to the root directory of Mysidia Adoptables. Upload this .htaccess file and you will not receive errors any longer.

Note: This applies to users who have installed MyBB inside their adoptables directory, if your MyBB forum is in a folder outside of the adoptables root directory, theres no need to worry about the .htaccess issue.

I had a feeling it might be something like that - because of the way my domains are set up, my forum is inside my script folder. I'll make a .htaccess file once I'm back on my computer.