Quick questions

Forum
Last Post
Threads / Messages
umm this is definitely possible. Arianna's gender system now generates pets genders randomly, but you can allow users to decide the gender of their pets too. Shouldnt be hard to do so.

umm I am afraid it will require basic PHP skills, but you can definitely give a try. Just modify the script section in which Arianna defined gender generation, just like what I did when I made that Gender Ratio Mod.

To allow a user to CHOOSE gender wouldn't be too horribly difficult. You'd have to have some sufficient knowledge of PHP/MySQL/HTML in order to do so though.

To add a gender, you'd have to add another field to the adoptables table(and therefore edit doadopt.php) and then in the adopt.php and doadopt.php have a form that selected the option, then have the option selected saved into the database.

Well Kaeliah, I believe Gender mod is already available in our latest release. Since Roconza is using that one, I dont think its even necessary for her to manipulate database tables. All she needs to do is to add a few lines in adopt.php and doadopt.php for a new page that asks users to choose their pet's gender.

You could put it on the same page where it asks for the name of the adopt, although depending on where the random picker is for the genders you may have to remove those lines of codes and put in a chooser. If the random picker comes before the part where you pick a name, then you can override it by using the same variable and assigning a different variable to it. However if it's the last part of the code then the random picker will over ride the chosen option.