Quick question

Forum
Last Post
Threads / Messages

Aasixx

.. your friendly geek. c:
Mysidian Dollar
Where exactly do I need to send my MyBB "install" forum files to in public_html? I couldn't ever figure out exactly where they needed to go in order for it to work or how to get it where when a user registers on my main site it automatically registers them on the forums.

Thanks!

Umm have you installed Mybb forum on a different location? If so, reupload your mybb forum folders/files to the root public_html directory, and change the config info for your forum. Otherwise, just follow Mybb's installation instruction to proceed.

Yeah, I have it downloaded. So, just install the Mybb forum files with all of my Mys adopts files are?

Well I'd recommend you not to place them in the same directory. If you have installed your adoptables site on root directory, your best shot is to create a folder named 'Forum' and upload files to this directory.

I made a new folder and used filezilla to upload all of the mybb files and now, when I type in, for example, mydomain.x10.bz/install/ it says "404 Not Found" what link do I need to use to install mybb?

umm is this problem resolved already? If so, I'd recommend you to read MyBB's instruction manual to resolve the problem. The installer may not be named and located in the same fashion as Mysidia Adoptables script.

I made a new folder and used filezilla to upload all of the mybb files and now, when I type in, for example, mydomain.x10.bz/install/ it says "404 Not Found" what link do I need to use to install mybb?

It should be more like domain/FORUM/install/index.php

on some hosts the last part is important too. if you just go to install directory it might give you a blank page. so adding the index.php or index.html or what ever file that should be loaded in that directory might help.

I can provide guidance but remember I can only give direct assistance to those on my host. :/

Well if there is a empty index.html in the directory you shouldn't forget to add the file name like above said /index.php.
It will load the instalation script which will require a database for the forums also.
After you installed the forum you can add the config information to the config_forum.php file in the inc directory of your adoptabels system.

Well, I finally got to the MyBB installation wizard. What exactly do I need to enter in the inc/config_forums.php for the database info and username. Do I need to create a new mySQL database for the forums or just use the one I did for the mys adopts files?

Nevermind, I figured it out and got it to work. But, my forum's layout is all broken. Should I consult MyBB about it or does anyone know a fix for it? :|

Last edited:
I got it to work. :) I created a test account on my main site and it registered it on the forums and the account was already logged in.

Thanks for all of your help!

No worries, I am glad it worked out for you Aasix. Let me know if you encounter any more issues.

Just a reminder though, you need to manually update your forum statistics once in a while, since the script currently does not do it for you.