Official Mys v1.4.0 Ideas & Suggestions Thread

Forum
Last Post
Threads / Messages
I glad the dressing system has been mentioned, I would absolutely LOVE to have one!! And if it cant be done for pets, hopefully it can be done for human avatars and stuff!

Im also happy the gallery/badge mods have been said. Since collecting stuff is a huge part of pet sites, galleries would make sense. (I would have a sticker album. I love stickers.)

But what about a safe system, where users can store items without having to carry them? :coloness:

A restock for the shops? Like at a certain time you choose? (Hourly, or set at your own desired time)
And a built in time where you get to choose the GMT for your site? :)

This should be possible now that Mys v1.4.0 will introduce the pseudo cron job system/scheduled tasks system that will update your site by any given number of minutes, hours or days as you specify. Once I am ready to show screenshots of this, I will explain how you can use time-based events in Mys v1.4.x.

Ooh, this sounds like it will be an amazing update! I can't wait for it to be released! :D Having an admin cp function of being able to add backgrounds to pets with transparent backgrounds, being able to add images over the top for items and 'mutations' would also be amazing :3 Maybe even putting that together with the breeding and allowing your babies to borrow parts from the parents and layer them together XD I know that it is possible (as people have done it), it's just I don't know how to do things like that and I know loads of people would absolutely love it! Even as an official mod would be great lol XD Keeping the old breeding way would be cool as well though, so having both would allow for you to maybe turn one, the other, or both off, or something? If you don't fancy it on your site XD

I'm kind of getting ahead of myself here but as time goes on I'm getting more excited aha XD

EDIT: Also got struck with the idea of being able to choose whether 'mutations'/items, etc. can show up on certain genders. So say you had a lion with the 'mane' mutation, it would be cool if you could make it so that that mutation isn't available for the female version! Not sure that would be easy to do... but just an idea XD

Last edited:
Ooh, this sounds like it will be an amazing update! I can't wait for it to be released! :D Having an admin cp function of being able to add backgrounds to pets with transparent backgrounds, being able to add images over the top for items and 'mutations' would also be amazing :3 Maybe even putting that together with the breeding and allowing your babies to borrow parts from the parents and layer them together XD I know that it is possible (as people have done it), it's just I don't know how to do things like that and I know loads of people would absolutely love it! Even as an official mod would be great lol XD Keeping the old breeding way would be cool as well though, so having both would allow for you to maybe turn one, the other, or both off, or something? If you don't fancy it on your site XD

I'm kind of getting ahead of myself here but as time goes on I'm getting more excited aha XD

EDIT: Also got struck with the idea of being able to choose whether 'mutations'/items, etc. can show up on certain genders. So say you had a lion with the 'mane' mutation, it would be cool if you could make it so that that mutation isn't available for the female version! Not sure that would be easy to do... but just an idea XD

Well Anna released a mod for merge-breeding, in which offspring may take some traits/parts from each of their parents. Did you check it out already?

I dunno if this has been suggested yet, but how about an item type that allows you to place multiple items inside of it, like a gift box?

umm its an interesting idea, I dont think anyone has suggested it but I will definitely consider. Of course the next version will need more item functions than the 12-14 default item functions in Mys v1.3.x. The introduction of stats system means that there will be at least quite a bit of new item functions manipulating adoptables stats. For the rest of new item functions, its always open for suggestion.

Is there any ETA for 1.4? I think I speak for all of us when I say that we've been eagerly awaiting it for over two years.

I was going to ask this myself ...

I'm going to launch a new site but if the new one is on the horizon ...

Well my advice is not to wait for the new version. I will assist you migrating to the new version when it is released.

tldr, i couldn't look at all the suggestions.

There needs to be a way to edit the full pet, not just a couple of stats when you go to edit the created pet.
Also a release window instead of a start date release for pets. Say between ya and ya dates the pet is available.
Also, shops need to be listed differently or offer a couple of layouts for shops. one like it is now, and another that lists in independent frames for each item.
Also, just list shop icon shop name, and what not since you already have to pick what type of shop you want.
De-list item type (like rename, and click) when listing items.
A cash widget you can link a paypal or squareup payment system to sell stuff for cash on the site. and make it activatable in shops too.
Image manager, make images thumbnails for images larger than 100x100
When editing pets, Show all the stages of the pet as thumbnails at the top.
When editing owned adoptables, Allow searches of the DB by Pet species, Level, and Owner
When editing owned inventory items, Allow searches of the DB by Pet species, Level, and Owner
Promo codes, give the option to email the promo code to said user, or all users, or users in x group.

New suggestions:
A newsletter option you can send out to users once a month or so, that you can format just like a post with all the fancy edit features and stuff.
And make a database for old newsletters.
NEWS! There needs to be a news widget!

Thank you HoF! :)

I will get going and not wait then ... thanks for clearing that up and really for all your extra help over the years!

tldr, i couldn't look at all the suggestions.

There needs to be a way to edit the full pet, not just a couple of stats when you go to edit the created pet.

Agreed. This will be changed in the next version, you will be able to edit anything about the pets, except its ID.

Also a release window instead of a start date release for pets. Say between ya and ya dates the pet is available.
I am considering a change to date criteria for adoption, it can be something like given days of the week, month or year.

Also, shops need to be listed differently or offer a couple of layouts for shops. one like it is now, and another that lists in independent frames for each item.
I am not sure about this though, it may or may not happen. I am not a UI designer so I can only provide something that works. If Tequila and other designers wish to help out, it will be nice, but better-looking UI is not guaranteed.

Also, just list shop icon shop name, and what not since you already have to pick what type of shop you want.
This I will consider, back then the adoptable shop is designed quite differently from itemshop, but in the next version they will be more similar and to display both at the same time may be possible.

De-list item type (like rename, and click) when listing items.
I am not sure what you are asking for, can you elaborate a bit more?

A cash widget you can link a paypal or squareup payment system to sell stuff for cash on the site. and make it activatable in shops too.
Real cash system will not be in the official package, sorry. There may be an addon/mod in future though.

Image manager, make images thumbnails for images larger than 100x100
When editing pets, Show all the stages of the pet as thumbnails at the top.
When editing owned adoptables, Allow searches of the DB by Pet species, Level, and Owner
When editing owned inventory items, Allow searches of the DB by Pet species, Level, and Owner
Promo codes, give the option to email the promo code to said user, or all users, or users in x group.
These are ideas for ACP improvement, I will consider all. Looks like good suggestions to me.

New suggestions:
A newsletter option you can send out to users once a month or so, that you can format just like a post with all the fancy edit features and stuff.
And make a database for old newsletters.
NEWS! There needs to be a news widget!
I will consider the news widget, it ultimately depends on demands for this feature. For some users, the index article is a good enough place to display news, but if more users want a news Widget, I will make it.

Lineages? I know lineages in a lot of pet games can add value to the pet if they are descended from a certain pet.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Forum Contains New Posts
  • Forum Contains No New Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BerrieMilk
BETA

Latest Threads

Latest Posts