Official Mys v1.4.0 Ideas & Suggestions Thread

Forum
Last Post
Threads / Messages
Well I think there was a family tree mod similar to your proposal a while ago for the older version, I dont think anyone has made a compatible version for Mys v1.3.x yet. For next version, unfortunately, we wont be having a pet lineage feature for the base script. However, it may be released as a Mod or Plugin sometime after the main script is out.

~How about an easier way to make/edit themes?

~and an easier way to edit premade pages ^^?
For example, on the mailbox, instead of text you can have the ability to switch to use small images instead.? (that you can make yourself.) And the ability to edit the area around the premade pages- Like I want to add an npc to the mail system...all I have to do is add the image and text at the top from the basic site control panel.

Or edit the Text on the adopt page- without having to go all the way into the main files.

~Easier way to add games/daily events/etc.

~Ability to "restore" a Site to a previous version-
rather than having to download the entire site and reupload it- just do like what windows does- and make it autosave every once in a while- so if you mess up- you can roll it back to a earlier version-straight in the control panel. It would have a list limit-- (maybe? 10-20 at a time?) and when you hit the limit it will delete older ones to make room for the new ones you're saving (unless you Download them)
This one may already exist? but I couldnt find it.. x.x

~"folders"/tabs For your images
Rather than having them all in a huge list when you go to choose them, maybe you could have folders for items,pets,maps....npcs? That way you can just choose one of those and find what you need. Or even that the specific page already pulls from the tab/folder for that specific thing.

Like for example..Im adding a new pet, I go to add the base image from the list of images I've uploaded, and it automatically gives me the list of pets from the "pets" folder.

~Customizable Collapsible categories/organization (drag and drop maybe?) For your list of custom pages.
That way We can for example put...Our maps in the map area...and to see them all just click the category and they all appear.

Man all my thoughts are about making things easier...

XD

However I dunno how easy anything would be to code...

Last edited:
~How about an easier way to make/edit themes?

Well I am definitely going to try to make this easier for users in next version. If you can give more details about what you think will make your life easier, it will be appreciated too.

~and an easier way to edit premade pages ^^?
For example, on the mailbox, instead of text you can have the ability to switch to use small images instead.? (that you can make yourself.) And the ability to edit the area around the premade pages- Like I want to add an npc to the mail system...all I have to do is add the image and text at the top from the basic site control panel.

Or edit the Text on the adopt page- without having to go all the way into the main files.
Well are you suggesting something like a script editor in ACP? I am not sure I get you fully in this one.

~Easier way to add games/daily events/etc.
Well in version 1.4.0 you can add daily events by utilizing the scheduled tasks system. I will show you how to do this once it is available, it works kinda like cronjob.

~Ability to "restore" a Site to a previous version-
rather than having to download the entire site and reupload it- just do like what windows does- and make it autosave every once in a while- so if you mess up- you can roll it back to a earlier version-straight in the control panel. It would have a list limit-- (maybe? 10-20 at a time?) and when you hit the limit it will delete older ones to make room for the new ones you're saving (unless you Download them)
This one may already exist? but I couldnt find it.. x.x
I dont think this is possible right now. If you can provide an example of how any other available scripts/software actually have this feature, please link me to it.

~"folders"/tabs For your images
Rather than having them all in a huge list when you go to choose them, maybe you could have folders for items,pets,maps....npcs? That way you can just choose one of those and find what you need. Or even that the specific page already pulls from the tab/folder for that specific thing.

Like for example..Im adding a new pet, I go to add the base image from the list of images I've uploaded, and it automatically gives me the list of pets from the "pets" folder.
Yeah having folders to categorize your pets/items/images is a good idea of course, I will consider.

~Customizable Collapsible categories/organization (drag and drop maybe?) For your list of custom pages.
That way We can for example put...Our maps in the map area...and to see them all just click the category and they all appear.
Well I am not sure of this, since Mys v1.4.0 will utilize Bootstrap by default it may be possible to achieve easily(not sure for the drag and drop part though). I will think about it.

Dress up item system, please!
Nope unfortunately, it will not be in Mys v1.4.0. In fact anything that requires AJAX will not be made in Mys v1.4.0, and this item function is too specific/customized to be in the main package anyway.

Not exactly Like a script editor (I dont think- mind you im still new to this) but basically I mean like an easier way to Change the premade pages- sort of like how you have the custom page editor?

but for the pages that are already made.

So that Its easier to Modify the pages that came with Mysidia to more fit your site.

Not exactly Like a script editor (I dont think- mind you im still new to this) but basically I mean like an easier way to Change the premade pages- sort of like how you have the custom page editor?

but for the pages that are already made.

So that Its easier to Modify the pages that came with Mysidia to more fit your site.

Well the premade pages are not pure HTML, they are generated in PHP. They will not work the same way as the custom page editor, which are essentially static pages with HTML.

Also what about Item and pet rarities...?
So we can see them in the information about both?

Also more Item uses..
food, toy, Candy, drink, book, plushie, Health potion, Battle item, Raise level, Raise health,Raise strength, Raise speed, Raise defense for examples..?

If they're features not everyone will use they probably won't be coded into the core. When a battle system does exist, I imagine most of the latter half of the list will exist.

(An item function that raises a pet's level already exists.) -- (The item functions aren't very intuitively named, but they exist in functions/functions_items.php, so I know that giving an item the function 'level1' will increase a pet's level by whatever you set it to while creating the item.)

I agree that both items and pets should come with a rarity field (what that means for pets isn't so obvious). I added a rarity field for my items, and Tahbikat created a mod for pet rarities. I also feel we should get shops that stock items, rather than simply always being there... and then rarity would make sense in a stocking-sense.

And actually making custom item functions isn't so bad, see this Gender Change Potion. If users have custom needs for that sort of thing it's easy to imitate code for existing items. It's pretty easy to modify even custom attributes given to pets... like say from the Stat/Skill mod (if you want to use that, see this post, because I did a write up on the missing images and changes needed for v1.3.4).

I don't see stuff like that ever being built into the core, but, what we DO need is solid documentation on how to continue to do things like that in newer versions.

Last edited:
Yeah just like Kyttias said, features will make its way to the core if its highly demanded by many users, and that its customizable to suit each different user's needs. If you request a highly specific feature that only your site will use, its unlikely it will be accepted into the main script.

The reason why we dont have rarity feature in the core is that its conflicting with the current adoptable conditions system. For the same reason users cannot sell pets between each other, the adoptable shops only sell pets from the system itself, as it will render trade system useless. If users are allowed to sell pets between each other, then trade system needs to be deprecated and removed.

Its a hard decision that we have to consider thoroughly. This is why a feature like rarity is better suited to be a Mod/Plugin, as you can install it and disable Mysidia's built-in adoptables condition system, therefore they wont interfere with each other.

Regarding item functions, yes in next version there will be a documentation on how to do this and how to create custom item functions. I may even find a way to make it possible to add item functions through ACP, although it will be tricky and requires code generation. But of course, it will be much more convenient than what you can do with Mys v1.3.4 right now.

dont get me wrong guys- I appreciate everything you're doing <3 I cant really ask for more- Im just trying to give suggestions is all.

(And im continuing to try to understand how to do things myself.)

As for pet rarity...what if there was a way to code like say putting an image under the pet? So we could make our own rarity images? All we'd have to do is put in the image link?

Just an idea... so its not really that you code into the system that its a rare/common etc pet... but theres an image under the pet that shows it instead? Or it could be used for something else too..

Or if you leave it blank... nothing shows up...therefore you dont have to use it.

....I just read all 16 pages. Urgh. XD My brain. XD

But yeah! I needed to catch up, I haven't visited this thread for about a year? Time flies!

I'm still super looking forward to the release D: I'm planning on perhaps slowing down the progress of my new site until 1.4 comes out, as if it's going to be too hard to transfer over, it might be easier to just transfer what I can and edit the things I need to afterwards! That means art can be worked on! XD

Is there an idea for a release date yet? Sorry if I'm being impatient, just I can't wait for it to be released!!! XD

And I would love a way to implement real cash bought items and currency into our sites, but I know you've said it won't be in the actual script, HoF, so I really hope it's made into a script when 1.4 is released C:

Yeah, I just wanted to post here so that I have a point that I've read up to..

Last edited:
I don't even know if 1.4.0 is still being worked on, but if it isn't dead, I think user shops (basically the ability to sell pets and items between players) would be a good addition. It can co-exist just fine with a trade system, since Lioden does it (plus so many other pet/sim sites). In that case you could only sell items for currency, while you could trade items and lions for other items, lions, and currency. Buying from shops was instant, while the user had to go through an pick an offer they like from a trade. So basically:
  • User Shops: The ability to sell items (and possibly pets) at a price that the user can set themselves. All transactions are instant from the moment you click "buy". Possibly even ways for the user to decorate, like a custom banner or shop description.
  • Trading: The ability to trade items and pets in return for items, pets, and/or currency. There would be public trades (where anyone can offer), and private trades (where only one user can offer). These are not instant or automatic, and the user would have to manually check back and pick which offer they like best. This also makes auctions possible by design.

Apart from all of that, some sort of paypal integration would be so amazing and extremely useful.

Last edited:
^Seconded. I'll come back and make mods again, I swear. :desudesudesu:

I didn't lose interest, I just didn't want to put effort into something that was being replaced "soon" for the past five years.

Don't give up!

Me too! 1.4.0 sounds great, but it's been several years and not so much as a single update on it's progress. You've made posts within the past few months about how X feature will be in the new version, but we haven't actually seen the new version.
Give a progress log at least? :3

I...fourth this? |D I've been waiting for 1.4.0 to release because I don't want to have to deal with moving everything over and also I'd love to use the snazzy new features as well. I visit these forums at least a few times a week, if not every day of the week. ;w;

I...fourth this? |D I've been waiting for 1.4.0 to release because I don't want to have to deal with moving everything over and also I'd love to use the snazzy new features as well. I visit these forums at least a few times a week, if not every day of the week. ;w;

I fifth this! XD

@halloffame - you should at least reply to us we don't care if the new version comes out soon or not you should reply ^^ and i am ready to help you out with coding stuff for new version :)

Users who are viewing this thread

• Forum Contains New Posts
  • Forum Contains No New Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BerrieMilk
BETA

Latest Threads

Latest Posts