Needing a certain script

Forum
Last Post
Threads / Messages

carrie911

Mysidian Dollar
Hello, i'm new to all of this, and I have quite a few questions c:

I am creating a adoptable site, a horse adoptable site. Though, I want it also to be a HARPG (Horse Art Roleplay Game), where you gain skills from making art of your horse. Competitions will be held, and the horse with the most points in a particular skill, wins.

- The horses arn't adoptaded out, but more by winning competitions at auctions. There will be a thread in my forum, and I will post some horses that I created, and people will have to fill out forms. I will choose the winner, and the horse will be added onto their account by me.
- There will also be a shop where you can buy items, such as bridles, saddles, pads, halters, and things like that. You can buy the items, money will be taken from your accounts, and the item will be placed in your inventory. From there, you can added the item onto your horse.
- Once you have the horse, you can sell the horse, or buy horses from other users. You can also sell items and buy items from other users as well.
- For the art part for the horse, people have to draw art to make points. People can also write stories and poems for their horse to make points as well. Though, certain types of art or poses and length of stories go for different skills for the horses.

All horses have these skill sets -
Intelligence, Speed, Skill, and Build.
I'd love to have a skill bar for all of those that rises when you enter art and stories for your horse. Though, the star is only filled when a certain skill reaches 25 points.

Though, that is the biggest thing, is storing all that art and stories for your horse. Is their any type of script, or anything close, that has something on the horse page where it has a spot where you can enter all of your art and stories? Like lets say you entered a colored headshot, so you go to your horses page, then there is a box where you click 'Headshot Color' (Take note, there will be different boxes to choose from, like headshot color, headshot no color, fullbody color, etc). You click on that, and your skills increase, then you can enter the link to your art so we know you made art for that horse if we ever go to that horses page.

Sorry if this sounds all confusing D:
Any questions, please ask! I really want to make a site like this!
Is there anything somewhat close to what I am looking for, or needs a few add on an edits?

Umm it seems that what you need is a Stats system. It is a feature planned for Mys v1.4.0, the next major release. Its not likely to be available in recent future though.

Oh, okay, thank you c:

Hmm, is their a script where there is just a spot where you can write some info about your pet on its page? I can probably just have people put links to their pieces of art on there, of just have one link that leads to their photoshop accounts where all the horses info and art is displayed. That could make it easier.

Do you have scripts that at least have the option where I can place the horses onto their account, then they can sell them? And is their the option to where you can buy items and have them put into your inventory?

Sorry for all the questions c:

umm what do you mean by writing some info about your pet on the page? Can you draw an example for me? I dont think its difficult, just need to grab the concept first.

Hmm...let my try to find an example...

Though basically, you have the name above your pet, lets say - Sunshine
Since all of the adoptables are placed onto their owners accounts by me, I will just name them like the owner wanted it on their form, and next to there name I will put their discipline down next to their name as the owner requests in their form. So now its Sunshine - Western
Below the name, is the image of the horse.
Then below that, will be the place where you can put comments down about the horse
Its usually called 'owners comments' but instead I will name it 'stats'.
Its basically just a little place where you can type up some info for the horse c:

You mean sort of like a pet's bio..? I see that on plenty of other sites...seems like a good idea to me...sort of like the "Favorite Pet's Bio" but for all pets.

Well yeah I agree its an interesting idea. Just like User Profile Field, an adoptable can have its own profile field too.

I can think of some simple way of doing just this bio field, you may alter the database table prefix.owned_adoptables to insert a new column called Bio. Then go to myadopts.php to create a new action called 'bio', copy/paste pretty much everything from the rename action just to change whatever is related to adoptables name into adoptables bio. This should do the trick, although you may want to modify the stats subpage in myadopts.php to incorporate pets bio into the stats.

Alright, thank you c:

Which mysidia adopts script version should I download?

All I really need is -
a system where you can buy and sell items with other users. And buy items from the store.
Buy and sell horses.
Where I can add pets onto users accounts when they win a adoption form.
The pet bio thing (will try to add myself)

That should be it then after that!

umm the version 1.3.x do have itemshop and adoptshop, but it does not support user's own shops nor auction. So you can buy items and pets from store, but not from other users. Not sure if you can implement this feature yourself, it seems complicated even for me. Wont hurt to try though, thats the least you can do. XD

Sure I can do it in 2-3 days if I give a try, but right now I have higher priority things to do with this script. Maybe I will take the request after releasing Mys v1.3.3, for now I wont though.

Alright then, good luck and have fun coding. If you get into any issues about how to design the system dont hesitate to come and ask.