Evolution system?

Forum
Last Post
Threads / Messages
Well, when you level a pet, at certain levels the pet image changes, sort of like an evolution.

There's no way to stop the evolution though except freezing, and the species name doesn't change.

rosepose said:
Well, when you level a pet, at certain levels the pet image changes, sort of like an evolution.

There's no way to stop the evolution though except freezing, and the species name doesn't change.

Well the idea is that the species of pet changes to another after evolution...

Seems that it is still not a the evolution system I am looking for, but thanks anyway.

Well judging by how the system is set up, I think it could be an easy fix. It currently does not stop evolution while letting the adoptable evolve.

But if you add a Boolean into the adopts database table, and add a seeking code that tells the adoptable not to evolve when a set number of clicks is reached while the Boolean is activated, then yes you can stop the evolution but still allow the adoptable to level up.

Not sure if this helps but...

You can make it so when it reaches a certain level, the level is called something so it would kind of be like if the pet evolved, it would sort of be like the species name changed... (although the type of pet wouldn't change, just each level would be given a name).
So you could say...
PHP:
if($currentlevel == "0"){
$levelname="Level 1";
}
else if($currentlevel == "1"){
$levelname="Level 2";
}

And then use $levelname whenever you refer to the level.

Thanks for all your kind answers, I still have a few questions though.

1. Would it be possible to change the actual species of the pet to its evolved form? In pokemon for instance, the species Charmander changes into Charmenleon after evolution.

2. Would it be possible to make more than one evolution stage? Digimon can have up to five evolution stages while pokemon may have two.

I'd appreciate it very much if someone can answer the two questions above.

Hall of Famer said:
Thanks for all your kind answers, I still have a few questions though.

1. Would it be possible to change the actual species of the pet to its evolved form? In pokemon for instance, the species Charmander changes into Charmenleon after evolution.

2. Would it be possible to make more than one evolution stage? Digimon can have up to five evolution stages while pokemon may have two.

I'd appreciate it very much if someone can answer the two questions above.

All your ideas listed is possible. It would require a more detailed script, but not hard per say. There are 2 or 3 other members on this site, not including me, who might be willing to help you. I would help you but I am fixing the bugs out of my newest releases.

Bloodrun said:
All your ideas listed is possible. It would require a more detailed script, but not hard per say. There are 2 or 3 other members on this site, not including me, who might be willing to help you. I would help you but I am fixing the bugs out of my newest releases.

Thanks for your reply. Would you mind telling me the usernames of those who might be willing to help out?

Hall of Famer said:
Bloodrun said:

Thanks for your reply. Would you mind telling me the usernames of those who might be willing to help out?

Arianna

Seapyramid