What am I doing

Forum
Last Post
Threads / Messages

RoconzaArt

Mysidian Dollar
Lately I have been thinking:

"What's the point I don't improve."

I want to get better but I can't find my place as a artist. Am I a fanartist?, do I do may own thing?, Am I less of a artist for doing fan art or will people respect my art if I like to draw pokemon now and then? What is my place as a artist? and will I always be compared to pokemon just because I like it. I have grown tired of being told my art is pokemon like even when it's clearly not meant to be. I feel like a one trick pony that never improves while other shoot pass me. I can't love my work because I feel like people only like my fanart. Even making fanart is not fun when I know it will take center stage compared to my none fanart work. The thing is I don't want to give up doing fanart it's what i love. I want to improve FOR MY SELF not because I want watchers so DO NOT GET ME WRONG. I want to get better but those that mean giving up my style in favor for more serous art? What kind of artist am I? Am I a cartoonist or should I be more detailed and realistic? Which world do I belong? Original artist or fanartist who's original work takes second fiddle to pictures of oshawott?

Those original artworks on your deviantart are awesome! I love them!
And they don't look like Pokémon or anything like that. And I think you should post some of them here. (Just a little suggestion :smile:)

we all hope to be original, and it DOES suck when we're compared to stuff. I've been working on one book for two years, and I still get compared to stuff. It's even sad when people are like "this scene reminds me of ___" but I guess it's human nature to make connects. The complete unknown scares many. xD

I would love to see some original art. o: