Very Important. HoF please read.

Forum
Last Post
Threads / Messages

SilverDragonTears

I am your Nemesis.
Premium Member
Mysidian Dollar
This morning I wake up and all my members are freaking because the site isn't loading. So I go and take a look... It says:

PHP:
Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'a7155846_zxc'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /home/robynswo/public_html/inc/functions.php on line 95
Error connecting to MySQL

Then I go look at my config file and it says:

PHP:
<?php
//Mysidia Adoptables Site Configuration File

$dbhost = 'localhost';      		//DB Hostname
$dbuser = 'a7155846_zxc';			//DB User
$dbpass = 'testeo123';			//DB Password
$dbname = 'a7155846_zxc';    			//Your database name
$domain = 'silvadopts.com';    			//Your domain name (No http, www or . )
$scriptpath = '';		//The folder you installed this script in
$prefix = 'adopts_';    			

?>

It's like someone completely changed my info. Did I get hacked? And if I did, how do I prevent this?

I had this problem too... I reinstalled my site's script and it got fixed. But, yeah, I'm asking the same question, how do I prevent this from happening all over again?

Oh I see, my pokemansion site suffered the same fate a few days ago and I fixed it myself. I wouldnt call it hacking since whoever did this wasnt really able to retrieve important site information from you.

The problem is with the folder /install and its contents. You need to delete it once installation is completed, since someone else could easily run the installer script and overwrite your config.php file with whatever information he/she desired.

So yeah, delete your folder /install from root directory, and edit config.php file to what it used to be. This should fix your problem.

Ok I did that (after it happened again this morning). I also changed my password just to be extra safe! Thank you HoF :)