A Very Odd Bug

Forum
Last Post
Threads / Messages

Abronsyth

A Headache Embodied
Mysidian Dollar
Okay, this is REALLY weird. So, my site is themed around a made-up species simply called "Horned Rats". Naturally, I typed in "horned rat" on several pages...but I went to check my edits and it instead said "hoed rat". So I though I had just made a silly spelling error, and went back and changed it. Saved the page. Checked the page again, and it still said "hoed rat" instead of "horned rat". I checked the other pages, and it's the same. They all say "hoed rat" when instead it should say "horned rat".

Also tested it with the words "corn" "worn" and "pern" and they came out as "co" "wo" and "pe"

So, any idea as to why it's discriminating against the combination of "r" and "n" together..?​

I dont know, it works perfectly fine on my demo site. I am able to display this Horned Pet in adoption center, which shows that the characters 'rn' aint censored:
29zviux.jpg

Also I remember I was able to create the pokemon species Rhyhorn successfully with old Rusnak Adoptables script. I have never added any censored keywords, so I personally dont think its a problem with the script.

Huh, well that's quite odd then...

I just edited a page through it's lang_ file, and added the term "horned" and it came out just fine. So it's just when editing pages through the ACP.

try to use the following command to see if it still dissapear

i do not know what rn means in php ( only \n in php or br in html )

try to use this instead

Code:
ho\r\ned Rats

it is possible that a htlm filter is filtering the names RN , so with the backslash before it it get executed as normal and not as a command

i can not promise that it works , but you can try it
if it works , then we know that the html parser got somewhere a error that generate that certain error on your site

Greetings From PowerChaos