Search

Forum
Last Post
Threads / Messages

mapleblade

Epicness sausage
Premium Member
Mysidian Dollar
i wonder if there could be a search action, for like user, almost everything, it would help me alot.

How exactly do you see search working? I mean, what would the search be based on, username, adoptable type, etc?

all, maybe future trades also, i mean everything, profiles, adopts, porum posts.

In favor of creating a new topic, I'll just hijack this one. :p
Is it possible to make a searchbar/form that can fit just above the menu bar, and when a user types in a username it takes them to that person's profile? Say, it take www.arvyre.com.../profile.php?user= and fills in the rest based on what the person typed in?

I'd imagine it would be fairly simple, it's just that I have no idea how. ><

Just paste this in your template where you want the box to appear:

Code:
<form name="form1" method="get" action="profile.php">
<p> 
    <input name="user" type="text" id="user">
    <input type="submit" name="Submit" value="Find User">
  </p></form>

That will make a search box where the user can type in a profile name and then it will go to profile.php?user=username. :)

Hmm, I'm thinking of a little variation of this. For example, someone types in a part user name, like BMR and it shows a page with users who have BMR in their username? Makes it easier to find someone's profile if you don't know their full username.

That requires ajax, something I am currently trying to figure out =D

So watch out for releases in the future involving ajax in the title =P

check out my website, and there's a search engine on every pages.

i dont know where it came from, but i think it's together with the guest counter i put on the ads.

Bloodrun said:

Ajax wouldnt necessarily be required... Just taking part of the search and looking thru records that begin with the searched term(s) and displaying it on a page for a member to search/review and find the specific member they are attempting to find...

Rsmiley said:
Bloodrun said:

Ajax wouldnt necessarily be required... Just taking part of the search and looking thru records that begin with the searched term(s) and displaying it on a page for a member to search/review and find the specific member they are attempting to find...

No the automatic suggestion.

Like type in a R, and automatically in a little blue box below the input bar, Rsmiley pops up.