Reporting and warning

Forum
Last Post
Threads / Messages

eaglelegend

Mysidian Dollar
I think, for the members safety and whatnot, there should be some kind of reporting feature, where users can report thoughs whom are being abusive, or spamming and such

The user would click a button, to report a PM say, the PM then goes into another table in the database, of which the staff/admin can see (and owner) and decide on his actions on the user, since it may be bad or it may not be bad...

If the staff member thinks, well, this isnt as bad, he or she may want to click a warn user button rather than delete or ban the user, then say if the staff member clicks the warn user it would come up with a list or a form, with either preset warnings, or they can enter out the warning themselves.

I personaly think the warnings should be anonymous from the user, but saying that, I do want it to be a fair game, if a staff member treats any other member unequally I feel they should be able to get in trouble as much as users themselves you know?

Good idea. I wanted to implement some warning / report system or something into the release, but due to time this wasn't possible. I'll expand on this in future releases. :)

Well if you have a fairly moderate knowledge in PHP you can make your own in a snap.

If you want, I could show you how.

Bloodrun said:
Well if you have a fairly moderate knowledge in PHP you can make your own in a snap.

Thanks!, I could do with some help on my site - intergrating old features, which Brandon knows about.

Yes I know exactly what I want, but I just get confused of what im really supposed to do, varibles, arrays, and explodes etc. just make my head explode - I am ok on doing minor modifications, as I figure out how to do something, just by experimenting, but if I was given a notepad, and I was told to write a virtual pet site from scratch, I couldnt possibly do it - im more of a modder than a fully qualified programmer LOL

Anyway, if you could show me how, that would be great!...

Mark

eaglelegend said:
Bloodrun said:

Thanks!, I could do with some help on my site - intergrating old features, which Brandon knows about.

Yes I know exactly what I want, but I just get confused of what im really supposed to do, varibles, arrays, and explodes etc. just make my head explode - I am ok on doing minor modifications, as I figure out how to do something, just by experimenting, but if I was given a notepad, and I was told to write a virtual pet site from scratch, I couldnt possibly do it - im more of a modder than a fully qualified programmer LOL

Mark

Lol I know exactly how you feel mate.
Yeah you go about practicing, and then once you've got the basics down. You can pretty much go about programming what pops into your head, through trial and error.

How about I whip up something basic, and then describe it to you.
As I haven't made a Warning System, but the features it requires are simple things put together =P

Bloodrun said:
eaglelegend said:
Bloodrun said:

Mark

Yeah you go about practicing, and then once you've got the basics down. You can pretty much go about programming what pops into your head, through trial and error.

As I haven't made a Warning System, but the features it requires are simple things put together =P

Yeah sure!, thanks for this Bloodrun - is there something else I could call you by any chance?

also the intergreating is from features of 2 scripts of which I paid for, most of it is rubbish, however there are some really good features!, such as clubs, battle system, shops and such (and points)

Thanks again!,
Mark

eaglelegend said:
Bloodrun said:
eaglelegend said:
Bloodrun said:

Mark

Yeah sure!, thanks for this Bloodrun - is there something else I could call you by any chance?

also the intergreating is from features of 2 scripts of which I paid for, most of it is rubbish, however there are some really good features!, such as clubs, battle system, shops and such (and points)

Thanks again!,
Mark

You can call me John.
I can't promise much. Because if the features don't match the script enough, I don't know if ill be able to integrate them.