||Help with the installation page?*WARNING: Large-ish image*||

Forum
Last Post
Threads / Messages

Poppy

|Ruler of Cats and Rats|
Mysidian Dollar
||Help with the installation page?||

I am curently on the installation page, Step 3: Database and Site Configuration, and I am completely lost at what to do and what each of the boxes mean. I filled them out after reading their instructions but it takes me to a white page, totally blank exept for some text saying Error connecting to MySQL. Here is a screenshot, please explain each box to me, thanks^^.(BTW I am using x10Hosting)

Last edited:
Depending on your host...you have to go to the Mysql database, and find the data base that will be used (usually something like adopts_) and user the database username and password to fill those out. And the database name is just that, the database name!

Err, I think that's how it works...what host are you using?

I am using x10Hosting. I tried looking for all that info on my Cpanel but I couldn't ind it.

Last edited:
for host, say localhost.

did you create a mysql account, and then a user that has all permissions that is assigned to that database? Once you do that, you enter the username for the user you created and the password (so the site can access the database) and the name you picked for it.

Here's what I did to get everything. Go to CP. Go to Mysql Databases. Create a new data base. (I named mine _adopts). Go Back. Create a new user. Now you should come to a page that reads "Added user site_username with password derp." Except with your info filled in. Copy the username to the Username portion of the Install page, and password to the password portion.

By the way, hi, Emily! I know you from MA :D

Hey -Emily- glad you decided to make a site using the mysidia script, but it can be alot of hard work. Or so it has been for me to keep coding in new things :/

~The nortorious Barron/Kuma