Question about promo codes

Forum
Last Post
Threads / Messages

tahbikat

Mysidian Dollar
So if I create a promocode that's available to everyone, and has a use of 1 time only, does that mean it's available to use 1 time per member or 1 time period (so like a first come, first serve thing)?

Thanks, and sorry for this silly question but just wanna make sure!

Last edited:
It means it can only be used once before it's retired (so only 1 user can claim it). I found this out through trial and error, haha.

Nope, not yet, haha, I've been trying to figure it out for a couple of days now!

OK, so mimicking the moreless condition for adoptables it seems we'll need to create 2 new rows in the table prefix_promocodes, one to check if the condition is enabled, and one to tell us what that number is to tell us how many times each individual can redeem the code before it expires for them. Then most of the editing will be done in class_promocode.php, as well as the admincp files to make it so you can set the condition when creating a new promocode.

So we need the file to access the database, look at the two new rows to check if the condition is enabled, and if so check to see what the limit is, and decide if the user has gone over that limit. If not then it needs to update that row once the user uses it so that the next time it happens it can see that the user has used this code so many times...I'm sort of babbling here but I am still in the beginning phases of learning PHP, so I know what it needs to do, now I just need to tell it how to go about this.

I'm going to continue looking and playing with this and see if I can get it working...if I can I'll share it with everyone here :)

Last edited: