question about editing themes? and php pages?

Forum
Last Post
Threads / Messages

destroyallantz

idk
Mysidian Dollar
hey all, i recently set up my new site and everything's been going very well but i do have a few questions. sorry if they've been asked before, but i didn't really know what to search to find my answers. :(

anyway, my first question is about the theme. i love the basic/main theme but i would like to edit the banner/colors and fonts and such, but i have no idea how to go about that. i know basic css so that's not a problem, but when accessing the theme editor from my admin cp i get the error: "SplFileObject::__construct(/home/moon000x/public_html/templates/main/style.css): failed to open stream: No such file or directory". how would i go about fixing this, as well as making other minor edits to the theme?

my second question is about editing the text from .php pages. you know, like the trade, messages, account, and inventory pages. how would you do this?

thanks for any help, it's greatly appreciated !

Go to the file manager to edit all files (from the control panel of your site's host, not from the site's admin panel).

To edit the theme, if you open the html of your site you'll see all .css files being used (if you allow users to change themes, the .css files might be different!). After that, go to the folder called templates and access the theme you want to edit, as well as the folder css for the menu's css. Since you mentioned the main theme, the .css files will be in templates/main/media/style-city.css and css/menu.css

To edit the text in the .php pages, you can go directly to the .php file (so for example if you are in the page yoursite.com/adopt, everything written on that page will be either in the file adopt.php or adoptview.php inside the view folder OR lang_adopt.php in the lang folder. If you are in yoursite.com/myadopts then it will be in myadopts.php or myadoptsview.php or lang_myadopts, etc...)

Oh this is actually a minor glitch in Mys v1.3.4. The default main theme css is called style-city.css, not style.css and therefore cannot be edited in ACP. Instead, you have to edit it in ftp or your local machine and then upload it to your server.