Mysidia Adoptables v1.3.0[Security Release]

Forum
Last Post
Threads / Messages
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes my old adopt site is made with mys version 1.2
The newest verwion before the version that is yesterday released.

I see, would you mind either posting a new thread regarding the deletion of your old database? The problem is not really relevant to topic of this thread, but I know how important and urgent situation you are facing. I need you to provide more info in order to assist you on this issue. I do not suppose the installation of Mys v1.3.0 caused it, must be something else...

@Silverdragontears:
Oh really, but why? Uncomfortable with the usage of objects and single arrows in the new script? o_o

Hm, still does not seem to be working. I get this exact error:
Failed to create forum account

The Forum is on the same server, and everything has been entered correctly. I'm not sure what could be wrong...

EDIT:
Oh, and now I am having the problem where I can not login onto the Mysidia-made part of the site. It says "welcome back..." etc, but then logs me out right afterwards...I know someone else was having this problem, have you found a way to fix it yet..?

Last edited:
Umm this is strange, I can log in right after I registered. Perhaps it has something to do with the way cookies are set, I will make sure to look into it later. Thanks for pointing it out for me.

@Iris:
Can you post your config_forum.php here so I can see what went wrong? Just make sure to get rid of the database password before posting, since you dont want people to see it.

I'm confused all I did was fresh install and edit the forum config.

umm there is another possibility though, the adoptables and forum cookies may be in conflict with each other. Anyway I have a redesigned cookie system for Mysidia Adoptables, it uses user_id and session_id to validate. Id say its a way more secure way of storing cookie, I will make it available soon and update the script files. I hope this will resolve the delayed login issue too for some of you.

Could you explain what I'm supposed to put in the $mybbpath = ''; for the config_forum.php script? As in should I just put /forum or generationsaber.com/forum or what? My forum is set up in a separate folder called well..."forum".

Edit: Nevermind. I figured it out... for others if they have this question and see this post the answer is put /forum .

Last edited:
Well I will upload a slightly modified version of Mys v1.3.0 with new cookies system a few mins later. This should not only resolve your problem with user login, but also improve security significantly.

Edit: Download links updated already, enjoy and please lemme know if it works out for you or not.

Which files have been updated? I just re-installed all this last night, I'm hoping all I have to do is upload the changed files and not do another re-install (I installed and set up the adoptables part, not the forums, didn't touch those yet). Can you list which changed files I need to upload?

Well you need to replace all files that work with cookies, the following four I believe:
functions/functions.php
login.php
logout.php
register.php

Also go to phpmyadmin and add a new column 'session' with the type varchar(100) in table prefix.users.

umm... Can you possibly try to clear up cookies and browser cache? Perhaps it has something to do with your cookies settings, but I am not quite sure about that. I tried it multiple times on my dev demo site(which actually is a fresh install), and never had problem logging in. And btw, how long does it really take you to be able to log in after registration?

It does not work for me either, umm... Can you go to the table prefix.users and see if a session string is inserted into the column 'session'? Or if possible, take a screenshot of it so I will get a detailed view of what is going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Forum Contains New Posts
  • Forum Contains No New Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BerrieMilk
BETA

Latest Threads