Installing the MAS

Forum
Last Post
Threads / Messages
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm confused on the "create database" thing.. I jsut made my account with the 000webhoster, went to control panel and clicked on the icon with the dolphin (mySQL). It comes up with "manage my SQL databases" and it has a table with :

what do I put on thefirst two boxes? the name of my site and my username for the 000webhoster? or what..?

Well these have nothing to do with your site's name or 000webhost's username. It asks you to create a database, and then a user to that database. These are the info you need for installing this script.

Hall of Famer

Login to 000WebHost
Login to File Manager
Go into 'public_html'
Click 'edit' next to the file you want to edit :3

No, like, edit the php code that way instead of saying, for example,
(Warning LONG EXAMPLE)
when deleting an adoptable, instead of the message asking if you really want to delete it, it'll ask if you really want to release it in the wild, giving an impression that they aren't really deleted.
I know, I'm confusing :coloness:

Oh? Interesting. I remember the delete pets option has been disabled in Mysidia Adoptables?

Anyway, check out the script file called lang.php, it is where most article contents are stored.

ok i got it. thank you Famer =3 (yay i didnt say Farmer x3)

ok now when I try to quickconnect with FileZilla, it keeps saying I cant :/. Does having Dail-Up interfere with this since the internet is so slow? :/

Last edited:
Yes, if you use Java Uploader on 000WebHost... however it is glitchy and misses files out... so if you do use it, you will need to check through every folder and find any missing files...

If you're going to use x10Hosting, you can upload the ZIP file of the Mys script, and extract it, and then select ALL the files inside the "Installation" folder, and move it out and then delete the folder.

when i go to step 10 , i do it and fillezilla say:
''Status: Connecting to 10.50.0.91:21...
Status: Connection established, waiting for welcome message...
Error: Connection timed out
Error: Could not connect to server''

What am i doing wrong?I put in all the database info correctly , and try new databases and using those, its just not working! :catfish: :angrybracket:

umm there are times that you cannot connect to 000webhost, it happens. Try again after a few minutes and see if nothing changes, we will see what we can do to help you.

Hall of Famer

ok ill try again.Im using 000webhost.Also i can't find the 'adoptables' folder!Im using the newer version (v. 1.1.3) how do i add the upgrade? , its in a seperate folder.

umm what do you mean by you cannot find the adoptables folder? You need to upload the installation folder if you never ran an adoptables site before.

I think I messed up when I was transferring files on FileZilla. Where it says to drag the left box files into the right box into public html I was looking at the wrong box and my hand slipped and the next thing i know abunch of files from the adoptables folder are transferring...I'm afraid I missed some though..and a box keeps popping up asking if I want to overwrite "already existing target files"..i clicked yes..did I just screw myself over?

/shot

edit: I think i've figured out ^ that. but now I have a problem with "installing Rusnak PHP Adoptables" thing..it keeps coming up with an error that says it cant connect with that MyLSQ database..what am I doing wrong?

Last edited:
[strike] yes i did and i even tried a difrent host and it worked fine , i guess ill just have to use that one.But this host's file maneger is down D: :colonu:[/strike] Nevermind i got it to work and did all the steps but it leads me to http://error404.000webhost.com/? i saw on the first page that somewon fixed that but i dont kno what they mean.Help?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.