I need help, but not sure is it's because of the script...

Forum
Last Post
Threads / Messages

KittHaven

Mysidian Dollar
Hi again XD For some reason some times when I am on my site, or editing files and I go onto my site, it comes up with a page saying: 'Error 503 Backend fetch failed'

I don't think it is to do with the script but I have no idea where to post this... I have tried Googling it and have found out that it's to do with a Varnish Cache server, and I know that x10 hosting uses it. I also know that it's caused by, I think, a health check that comes back bad or something. But whenever I try looking into how to fix it, or at least avoid it, nothing really comes up! The Varnish people obviously expect people who receive the error, or even have a website, to have a working idea of coding, but I don't. I am purely doing this on a 'learn-as-you-go' basis. (The only way I can learn :p)

So, sorry if this is in the wrong place, feel free to move it, but could someone please give me a Guide For Dummies explanation (or as much as possible) on what the error means and maybe even a possible solution? Usually if I wait 5 or so minutes it sorts itself out, but what happens if I get a bit of traffic on the site after I release it? With many people coming onto the site, if this error pops up for everyone, they'll start complaining, refreshing the page (which I have found out does NOT make things go faster -_-) and it'll probably not help to fix things...

I also do not want to buy x10 hosting premium membership just yet, as I am planning to when i get a job in November... (for a domain name and everything, and more traffic allowance I think)

So, could someone please give me an explanation, or something? (Again, sorry if it's in the wrong place, I seriously didn't know where to post)

:/

I guess that means an error or a timeout retrieving information from the server. It's a problem with x10hosting itself, asking on their forum about it might help out.