Error When Installing

Forum
Last Post
Threads / Messages

Abronsyth

A Headache Embodied
Mysidian Dollar
Okay, I'm helping Monopet out with setting her site up, and after she went through and installed she got this error:
Fatal error: Class 'PDO' not found in /home/pictocan/public_html/install/configwrite.php on line 51

Could it be that her post doesn't have PDO enabled? I know that was a problem with some people...but it's odd because I used the same host and same package and the problem never arose. (I did point her in the direction of this thread...)​

Yeh its weird, I used the same as you but I had to ask for PDO to be enabled. Once they replied to my ticket though it moved on pretty easily. ^_^ I'd advise her to get a ticket done right now, they take a few days to reply, if the ticket doesnt fall into the spam filter... then it takes about a week... The only thing she can do is artwork and planning while its getting sorted out I guess. Just make sure the ticket has a simple and obvious title to avoid it being spam...

I sent her your message and she sends her thanks :)

Hopefully she can get it all set up soon! (Because really I just want to play on her site XD)

Umm why isnt Monopet posting this herself? Id say your host used to have PDO enabled by default, but now they dont. Weird why they did this. Anyway, there are webhosts who disable PDO by default, so you have to ask them to enable it. Most will do it for you, although in a few cases you may have to just move.

Because Pero did it before I had the chance to XD;
But yes, I've sent a ticket and I'm waiting for a reply.

HoF, because I'm a control freak or something XD I dunno, it occurred to me shortly after posting that I should have waited for Maria to do it first...

no shh it's okay

I barely have the time to, especially since mom put up the damn internet program again.

If you're bored while waiting Famer I'm stuck playing wow until someone can figure out my problems since I cant use adoptables on my site anymore lol. :p And since I'm the one who made it worse I really dont want to touch it...

Still waiting.

Also aaa WoW :0 I'd play WoW again but I'm too busy with LoL hiehueh

Oh I've heard of LoL, but my brother who is a hardcore pvper got owned a lot in it, so I'd probably get steamrolled. XD And besides I'm one of those noobs in WoW that runs around collecting pets. >.>' I might not be able to pvp another player, but my pet army's combined level could! XD

I think so on this host. It could be because support tickets are the only way of contacting the host so they have a lot to get through...

They should make it enabled by default, then. Seems the legit thing to do in this sittuation ^^

I'm checking my email every few hours, still no answer.

Well usually webhosts do enable it by default, and thats what happened to Iris when she first began using the webhost. Do you think its perhaps a better idea to send another support ticket? If still no response, I will see if theres a way to get it to work for you with MySQLi instead of PDO. It wont work as nice from a coder's point of view, but from an end users experience it may not differ much.

Hello,

There is a vast number of free users who are trying to abuse our system or trying to cause damages to third parties using our services.
Unfortunately PDO has been disabled for security reasons on the free hosting plans. Please feel free to upgrade your plan if you would like to use it.
Let us know if you have any other questions.

Best regards,
David
Dedicated Support Team

-----

Apparently I have to either pay or move. Great. :/
I don't want to pay because I have no idea if the site will actually work fine then.

I dunno, I think I'll move? She PM'd me with a substitute host.

I see, thats so unfortunate, I dont understand why webhosts disable PDO when its so vastly used in many web applications, not just this one. Anyway I wish you good luck moving hosts, it may not be an easy job. Lemme know if theres anything you need help with.

Sorry it didn't work out with host-ed, Maria! I haven't used the free hosting services in a month or two so I wasn't aware of the problem. I'm not sure if the other host is upgraded to php 5.3.9 yet, but other users have been using it for Mys 1.3.2 so I'd assume it's working fine now.

The installation process for the files and databases is all pretty much the same :) Actually I think the two hosts might use the same cPanel..? Can't remember.

Well, do let me know how it goes!