Change html and stuff of insite-made page?

Forum
Last Post
Threads / Messages
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Codfin Keeper

A Codfin draws near!
Mysidian Dollar
Wow, third question topic already. >.<

I made a page for a quest I'm working on, and I made it using the "Change Content" part of my site's admin CP. The problem is that I need to add some things to the head part of its html and also to add a Javascript script, but it isn't in my site's files, even though pages.php obviously has a way of getting the info. How am I supposed to be able to add what I need to?

There's a file that should be called "blank.php" you can use this to make a new page (not on pages.php) that you can use any PHP and HTML coding you want.

Duplicate this page, rename it something else, then use something like:

PHP:
$article_title = "PAGE TITLE HERE";
$article_content = "ARTICLE CONTENT HERE. You can use HTML in this space but remember not to use a 'double' quote or it'll mess up.";
Also more complicated but you can make sub-pages so you don't have to make tons of pages and can have you entire quest in one page. I think Kaeliah made a tutorial somewhere, let me find that :meow:

EDIT: Here it is: http://www.myadopts.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=4865
Irony that it is on MA and not here X3

Last edited:
lol I think Kaeliah is too busy to make one here at this moment, she is taking finals and working on scripts for the next Mys release. XD

Same place TCK.

PHP:
$article_content = "HTML, JAVASCIRPT OR WHATEVER HERE.";

Although be careful, if you must use double quotes, put a \ (I think... if it doesn't work try the other one XD) or instead of the double quotes use a single ' . The script should still work and everything.

You can also change the entire HTML of every page by accessing the template.html file under the templates folder.

Okay, thanks. I also found a way to work cookies in PHP, and so now I have that set up xD

I'll say it so the one who locks this doesn't waste typing:

Solved = Locked (when someone gets around to it)

Status
Not open for further replies.