Adoptable hosts Vs Mysidia Adoptables

Forum
Last Post
Threads / Messages
Well what makes you diffrent for the others is you make up for it in features and heck making unique art for all 600+ is not easy. I just hate the sites are running around not crediting the copy right holders. Most MA pokemon site just slap some in game sprites and wait for the people to roll in.

Man doesn't just make you mad HOF? I mean those sites are making your site look less creditable? Don't you feel frustrated that you have to work ten times harder to be noticed?

Last edited:
Well good thing I'm not on Pokemon Forums then X3

Well everything has pros and cons X3 It just seems like I'm prone to see the pros only XD

EDIT: More ninja'd!

Actually Pokemon sites are being shut down (on MA) for two reasons,
1) No copyright
and/or
2) Using too much server resources and the art was not actually made by them (original art sites are not touched)

lol gigi. There are lots of secrets about pokemon forums that you dont know. Do you know large pokemon forums despise smaller ones? XD

And Roconza, I havent really thought of this yet. I tried not to worry myself with activity on Pokemansion until I believe it is comparable to sites like GPXplus and Virtualadopts. Its rather hard to build a pokemon adoptables site though, especially if you actually want it to be somewhat special and unique.

Well actually the hardest thing for me working on Pokemansion is that, well, I am the only one capable of coding an adoptable site on my pokemon forum. Elec helps with themes, but thats it. XD

That's what I'm trying to do with my site X3 Unique art + idea (ish). When you make a site you can only hope people like it X3

Now back to stalking the files to find that one file I found really funny >.>

Well he pretty much is layed back and told me I could make them how I like which is owner speak for you do all the work I'll just watch. >> He also has me doing the layout....I'm starting to regret this......

Any how hopefully no matter what the person chooses to use they will work hard and try to find creative away to make it fun.

Ugh I even hear people say v-adopt is better!? I dunno what I hate about them is they promise features and one year later NOT A THING has changed.

I can understand why. V-adopt is easy to set up, while Mysidia is hard. I haven't personally use V-adopts however I've used an extremely old version of V-Petsites a long time ago and participate in the community there. Myadopts and V-adopt seems the same, sort of. Just depends on who you are to make you like one more. It is nowhere better then Mysidia though, Mysidia is extremely customizable and constantly is getting loads of new features and people willing to make amazing mods. It's just you need to know how to host on a website, need to know PHP, and know at least a little bit about a database to do it. Lots of people can't do that, but anyone serious enough will probably choose Mysidia over the others.

need to know PHP, and know at least a little bit about a database to do it.

Not if you use it as a stand alone site. Now if you want to customize with user made mods it then yes knowing a php helps in installing them. If you want completely custom features you either need to hire a programmer or make them your self.

I don't mean fully know PHP. I don't know PHP at all, you just need to understand the basics of it to customize it to your needs and add simple mods to it that will improve the site. Without being at least a little familiar with the basics, you can't really get anywhere.

I'm just saying that someone who may not be the best with computers and how web hosts work may have trouble starting their adoptable site.

Not really if you don't add mods and don't plan customize it then yes you can make a site with out knowing php. However like you said if you want to customize it to your needs then yes basic php skills are needed. Now saying you can't make a good site with out customizing I'm not to sure.

You still have to set it up by going into the site, chmodding stuff, etc. But it's not that hard I guess. But really, without wanting to customize it, then you might as well use myadopts.

I think having your own host is better, it puts you in full control, however you do need to do know what your doing so i can see why others would start with those free host services. I myself used them just so I didn't have to do any work to test some ideas even though im fully capable of installing the script...

But the BIGGEST factor for having your own host (which im surprised was not mentioned) is you control the ads or lack there of. By using these "free" hosts you're showing their ads and making them money. Honestly I am quite jealous of the idea. But more importantly if you want your site to succeed, not having ads will make your site more appealing than most that have ads and those free my adopts sites do not allow you to take their ads off..

That’s true! The ads on your site when you use a free host suck! I don't like them either, but they have to make money one way or another and if they can't charge you they have to charge someone else. That’s the drawback of it being for free. I always say, stay away from free. I'd rather pay a little money for a good web hosting package and not have any foreign ads on my site and have a little more control over it.

I think the advantage of things like MyAdopts is that you can start a petsite without any coding knowledge or setup. When I first started that was to my advantage because now that I'm working on my own hosting site I already have a list of followers who I know will join the community. Plus it was an excellent place to test my idea for interest and see if it was even worthwhile to work on the site at all.

As for free hosting, there are sites like 000webhost that provide ad-free hosting and still allow you access to regular hosting services like databases and phpmyadmin. You just gotta shop around. Imo, ads shouldn't be an issue when you first start your site. Focus on content.

I think the advantage of things like MyAdopts is that you can start a petsite without any coding knowledge or setup. When I first started that was to my advantage because now that I'm working on my own hosting site I already have a list of followers who I know will join the community. Plus it was an excellent place to test my idea for interest and see if it was even worthwhile to work on the site at all.

As for free hosting, there are sites like 000webhost that provide ad-free hosting and still allow you access to regular hosting services like databases and phpmyadmin. You just gotta shop around. Imo, ads shouldn't be an issue when you first start your site. Focus on content.

There have been a few claims that adoptable websites aren't allowed on 000webhost btw~