Forum
Last Post
Threads / Messages
PTGigi
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Blogs Blog entries About

• Well yeah, we will definitely need a table to store all these data, at least in future. I coded my fishing script when I was still learning PHP, so you could imagine how inefficient it was. XD

umm I am pretty sure this can be done. What you will need is to create a new table called prefix_moves, which stores all the details such as name, description, element, power, accuracy, PP, status ailments. Then add two new tables called prefix_adoptables_moves and prefix_individual_moves. The first table stores all moves a certain species of pokemon can learn, at what levels and other possible conditions. The second one stores all moves each individual pet has already learned. The next thing to do is apparently, to play around your PHP files to retrieve database information and integrate moves data into actual battle system. Does it sound complicated? ^^

Well yeah, it is still quite neat though. Looks like you have to draw a lot of stuff, I am so impressed with the huge amount of work involved. I cant draw anything, but luckily pokemon sprites are readily available. Thats a good reason for me to build a pokemon adoptables site, since I can program but cant draw. XD
    I see. I believe its possible to create an mysql table to store all these encounter rate, catch rate and escape rate data, this way your script file becomes a lot shorter.

umm sounds interesting. I see you have a functioning stats and elements system, how about pokemon moves and status ailments? Just wondering, I will not do a battle system for my Pokemansion until all these things are done.

Flash game, thats so cool. I can only code a PHP exploration page though, which sucks.
    Thank you. ^^

And btw, my fishing.php has 4500 lines. XD The problem with it is that a real pokemon encounter system is much more complex, even without battling. The fishing system has to check for the three different things:

1. Fishing rod: Old Rod, Good Rod and Superrod
    2. Pokemon Encounter: For different rods, the encounter rates are different.
    3. Pokeballs: Pokeballs, Greatballs, Ultraballs and Masterballs, they have different catch rate.

For a safari system, you do not have to worry about encounter species and rates based on fishing rods. You will, however, have to worry about a pokemon's escape rate, which varies with pokemon species and the number of turns you are in a 'battle'. I believe there's a better and more efficient way of doing this, or we have to hit thousands or even tens of thousands of lines in a single php file. XD
    Oh alright Gigi, glad it works for you now. ^^

Actually I plan to post an updated version of my evolution system. As you may have known, the old one requires users to add three new columns in both prefix_adoptables and prefix_owned_adoptables table, and evolution info for owned_adoptables will have to be updated once a pet evolves. The new evolution system makes it a lot simpler, you only need to add three evolution related columns in table prefix_adoptables, and there's no need to update evolution info in owned_adoptables anymore. I will post it once Mys v1.2.0 is released.
    I see, 4 else ifs for each area? How big is your script file btw? How many pokemon are available to catch? Just wondering.

And I will look into your codes later and see what I can come out with. ^^
    I see, this sounds pretty cool. The usage of functions and loops makes it look nicer and more compact, too bad there's still one thing I am not sure if you know how to improve it. It is about dependent events, in which the probabilities of all events add up to 1. Lets assume you have four pokemon that appears in safari, the catch rates are: 40, 30, 20, 10, you may simply end up using an if, two else if and one else statements. What if you have 10 or 15 pokemon that appears in safari? You will need tens of else if's in this case, which gives the entire script file a rather bad looking.

Sure, send me a PM about your malfunctioning code, I'd like to take a look into it tomorrow.

You are very welcome, hope you do enjoy. I am gonna write switch flow tutorials next, which will not only introduce if...else statement, but also the less known switch...case statement. There's actually a third type of switch flow, which I will possibly add at the end of the tutorial for advanced programmers to use. XD
    Oh cool, Safari zone is going to be interesting. Are you going to add a real safari system with random encounter, safari balls, and catch rate/escape rate based on throwing rocks or baits? I can program a safari system myself, but the script file gets way too big so I have postponed the project and try to figure out a better way of doing this. XD

Well sure, I will have some free time after tomorrow's exam is over. I'd like to take a look at your codes and see if I can figure out why it is not working.

Its alright, dont worry about it Gigi. I hope you have a wonderful vacation. Also I wrote two chapters of PHP tutorials already, it was actually quite fun.
    How do pokemon get sick? All my pokemon are now. My Grass Starter Mew got isck only seconds after adopting it. What did I do wrong?
    -noms Gigi- I hope you're looking for more radio stations because I applied on yo Mm2+ thread! XD
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Forum Contains New Posts
  • Forum Contains No New Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BerrieMilk