Forum
Last Post
Threads / Messages
Abronsyth
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Its definitely a nice school, Cornell is not an ivy league school for nothing. XD Department of Entemology, sounds intriguing, its a bit far away from my engineering major though. I am actually not a computer scientist, although among my classmates in the same major I do look like one lol.

Thanks, I am glad its working out now. Just posted another blog article about public and partial trade offers, and then I will be fixing up the ACP on trades. Of course you are always welcome to learn PHP, Cornell actually offers two semester courses on web programming, you can make use of it if you do end up there. These are too easy for me though, also as a graduate student taking freshmen/sophomore courses is always kinda embarrassing so I let it pass. Integrating a blog script? Sounds interesting, you need help with anything?

Thats good to hear, but apparently you must have been quite busy, stressed and exhausted for all these. Id recommend a few days of resting before school starts, or you probably had enough already.

I hope so too, I wish to find a job at the end of this year, but anything can happen.
    School for me will begin in a week, next Wednesday to be precise, although the first week only has three days of classes, most are cakewalking. I got a good GPA from last semester, so finding jobs is my top priority this time. The sad truth is, nothing will be easy with me. You want to go to Cornell? Interesting, although I'll have graduated from there the time you arrive. XD

Its okay, dont worry. I do realize that the development speed hasnt been great since Mys v1.3.1 was released, but this cant be helped as I am really the only one active coder at this point. Anna can help when shes around, but after a long break she usually has to get used to the new code, which takes a while. Tequila is a designer though, I wont ask her to do coding since it breaks the single responsibility principle in a functioning team. XD The good news is, the trade system is working out nicely after two days of betatesting, you can take a look at my latest blog post to learn more about this.

Your mom had surgery? Sorry to hear that, but glad shes okay now. Must be hard on you, I cant imagine myself handing all the family stuff when I was your age. The bright side is, well, doesnt it help you mature up faster than most teenager kids? XD
    Well its been fine, school will begin in about 10 days. How about you?

Right now the new trade system is in beta testing stage, though some functionality aint working properly yet and will need to be fixed in the next 1-3 days. Take a preview if you want to, but dont try anything fancy yet.
    http://mysidiarpg.com/site/mys134a/trade

You?
    I am doing fine, how about you? Lately I've been busy with housing and the new trade system. The new trade system is supposed to enable multi-adopt/multi-item trade and yet remain as customizable as possible, its gonna be complicated. XD
    Oh thats nice, thanks for doing this really. ^^

Thats too bad, but you've recovered completely now havent you?

On a side note, I've fixed the css glitch with profile tabs, which used to break the dropdown menu css. Since you aint using dropdown menu, it may not matter much to you. Still, you may want to know the cause of the issue. It appears that both dropdown menu and tabs css were using the same css div class .hide, thats where the conflict was. So if you design your own css, make sure not to define a div class by the name of '.hide', otherwise it wont work with tabs.
    That sounds really great, hopefully I will be using them to showcase Mys v1.4.0 features in summer. You have a doctor's appointment today? Good luck on that. ^^
    I see, I completely understand, just curious. Starting by the end of April or the beginning of May I will be posting previews of new features for Mys v1.3.4, so I was just wondering if these official default pets are available to be used by then. It's not a must for Mys v1.3.4 though, but I do expect to use them in Mys v1.4.0 that will be developed during the summer. I really appreciate what you've done. ^^
    Hi there Iris, I was wondering if you are still making new default/official pets for Mysidia Adoptables. I like what you've done before, they are really nice.
    Dynadot is really good, I've been with them for a while now - no downtime, fast connection, quick updates, it was set up quickly too. Pretty cheap too, $60 for the year, 200gb transfer and 5gb storage.

One of the rats I have right now is a black variegated, which is like a hooded, but purposely broken up, and I do love them. But alas, what I would not give for a capped or masked...

I've always wanted to go on one of your sites, but you never seem to open them - I'll certainly be signing up come the release. :3 Rattus Online is the new name and yes, one of the reasons was professionally. I liked RFTW, but it always just worked better when it was a simple site on MyAdopts, vs a paid hosting, years worth of effort sort of thing it has become now, or will once its open.
    Yeah it shouldnt, if everything works out right the next version is released someday between this Saturday to next Wednesday.

I see, you bring up a very good point. Freehosts like Myadopts always have limitations on what things you can use, however many features they have. Some people are okay with this, others prefer a more customizable site of their own. Its unfortunate how MA ends like this, it really was quite popular even at the end of its days. From a coder's point of view I dont consider BMR as a good coder(at least not when he wrote RA/MA), but I thank him from the bottom of my heart to inspire me on the coding of a PHP script. Without this script, I wouldnt have been half as good as I am at programming.

Thanks for saying this, I do love to hear feedback from users of the script to see what they want most from an adoptables site. After all, even now I still need to continue to improve my skills, both for PHP programming and the ability to make a script based on demand. XD

Tbh I havent, the issue appears to be more than I can handle. If I still cant figure this out by Mys v1.4.0, I may have to abandon the AJAX tab system and use something else for the profile page. By Mys v1.5.0 I plan to implement a customizable battle system with simple AI settings, some AJAX features and flexible plugin/extension system. I am still not good at AJAX atm, but I sorta find a solution now. I is a bit tricky, but everything will fall into pieces.
    Yeah, its actually pretty quick for me. The sidebar may take a bit longer, depending on how complex I want it to be lol.

umm thats kinda bad, but even till the end BMR still has this many dedicated members staying with him. Guess he must've done a great job keeping the community together. Actually I wouldnt mind lending my dedicated server for him to run it if funding is the issue, its pretty much unused since the activity on my sites and forums is low enough. You may ask him, but only if hes still interested in running MA.
    Thx, it took me about 5 hours to complete this, so not that bad. I've begun working on the sidebar system now so the next version is around the corner. And MA is really shutting down? That I am surprised.
    Thats good to know. XD

Id say it wont really take me too long, at least compared to the breeding system. I can probably finish this in a day or two, assuming I aint busy with schoolwork.
    I see, and yeah Id say there is too much info displayed, but there's perhaps no need to worry since the finalized version is likely to allow admins to decide what info they want to display through ACP. You can select any of the following info for each adoptable: Type, Name, Owner, Level, Clicks and gender. The default will be name and level I guess.

Anyway I have two new possible designs at this point, which one do you like better?
    http://oi46.tinypic.com/35btd2d.jpg
    http://oi45.tinypic.com/f0nqxe.jpg

The first one is the standard version, which is easy to customize through ACP. The latter gives a more concise look, though it probably requires the name and level to be displayed with not much flexibility
    I am not sure if users should be allowed to click on multiple pets at a time or not. It seems to me that they are more like trying to accomplish some tasks than actually enjoying their time with adoptables. But anyway, we are designing an application primarily based on users interests, so if the majority of users want to click multiple adopts in a convenient way Id say why not?

It should work one way or the other, perhaps I can make both options available for admins. Like always, the script just needs to be a bit more flexible, a little bit more. XD

lol I wont say you've been bothering me or Tequila at all, its nice to hear feedback from members. Since we do not really have a 'support team' separate from the 'dev team' for a project with this small size of staff and memberbase, the dev staff are directly exposed to the customers. To some extent it's a good thing, since we hear directly from you gals, its easier to understand what people want from this script. The bad thing is that, well, its a bit more difficult to concentrate on coding for the next release when you are doing both development and customer support. Everything has its ups and downs, dont you think so?

Id definitely appreciate if you dont mind contributing adoptables to this script's default pets collection. Sure it will help more if other accomplished artists would love to help out, but this is purely voluntary work so I do not expect anything more than what are already being offered. We will need at least 4-6 species to start with though, especially with the breeding system's unit testing.
    Sounds interesting, I like what you have in mind. Sure ACP integration will be useful to give admins more controls over the levelup-daycare system. I personally dont quite understand what you mean by users getting annoyed to have a bunch of tabs/windows opened up, are you referring to the situation in which you click on multiple adopts at the same time?

Other than this I completely understand what you are saying. Do you prefer having all adoptables available in hatchery listed through pagination, or to have the daycare center to show only one page of several random pets? Both are possible though, and should not be difficult. Also if you want any complex/advanced feature for the daycare system, feel free letting me know before the design is complete.

Well the next release should be available soon, its been a long time of waiting I guess lol. A new feature isnt really particularly difficult to work with so long as the design is clear, fixing up old spaghetti code is time-consuming though. Regarding default adoptables, yes I do plan to have them at some point. Not sure if its version 1.4.0, but we will get there. The issue is that we will have to collect artwork from users of this script most likely, and I am unsure if they are willing and able to contribute. We cant use Pokemon as default adoptables, though they are good for debugging/testing purposes.
    Hi there Iris, I heard that you were asking for something like a daycare feature for the next release. I'll give a try working on that once the advanced breeding system is completed, possibly later this week. Would you mind giving me a detailed description of how you want it to look like? Id like to see how it fits into the picture of the current adoptables system, thx.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Forum Contains New Posts
  • Forum Contains No New Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BerrieMilk
BETA

Latest Threads