Weird error with leveling up creatures?

Forum
Last Post
Threads / Messages

tahbikat

Mysidian Dollar
So I randomly get a plain white page with this error on it when I click a creature I haven't clicked for the day yet:

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'GUIException' with message 'This document has no title yet.' in /home/mysgardia/public_html/classes/class_document.php:52 Stack trace: #0 /home/mysgardia/public_html/classes/class_frame.php(217): Document->getTitle() #1 /home/mysgardia/public_html/classes/class_template.php(158): Frame->render() #2 /home/mysgardia/public_html/classes/class_view.php(279): Template->render() #3 /home/mysgardia/public_html/classes/class_frontcontroller.php(102): View->render() #4 /home/mysgardia/public_html/index.php(74): FrontController->render() #5 /home/mysgardia/public_html/index.php(78): IndexController::main() #6 {main} thrown in /home/mysgardia/public_html/classes/class_document.php on line 52

It only occurs when clicking an adopt I haven't clicked for the day, and sometimes the page doesn't even throw out an error but functions normally. Halp?

Umm this error message by itself isn't very helpful, clearly it tries to throw another error message but somehow couldn't find the appropriate message title, so instead it shows a document title error. In a word, you are supposed to see a different error message, not this one.

It's necessary to know what is the error message it tries to throw actually, I can help you test it by removing the document title error so you can bypass this error to see the actual error you are supposed to get.

anyway if I may ask, was there anything in common when you see this error message? Does it happen to a specific adoptables, or adoptables with certain traits?

I've noticed this will happen on pets without names. (I've since made it since pets will be by default named 'Unnamed' when created, to prevent this.) Another workaround is to change the title in levelupview.php to:

PHP:
$document->setTitle("{$adopt->getName()} ");

Including   will insert in a blank space in addition to the title (which is just the adoptable's name).

There may be more to it than this, but... that's one issue I've had in the past.

Ahhh yea I just noticed this before coming back here. So basically one of my members just removed all the names from most of their creatures. So including the   would fix this, even if a member removed the name?