Themes messing up site

Forum
Last Post
Threads / Messages

Gashu

Mysidian Dollar
Sorry! I hope this is my last help post since I'm fine with everything else on the site... it's just this.

So basically, when I try to install a custom theme (I really want the this theme: http://testsite129090343.webuda.com/index.php), it makes my whole site go completely white, and the only way I can fix it is to delete EVERYTHING and completely start over. It does this with every custom theme I try to install. I've searched the forums for people who have had the same problem, tried to follow the advice people gave them, but none of that worked either. So, I'm posting here in a last ditch effort :p

I really need help with this. I will give my login details for my site and my webhost for someone to do it for me, because I am a coding n00b, and I've exhausted all my sanity with this haha xD

Last edited:
okay:

installing a theme:

1.drop the theme map you downloaded into the /template map
2. change your theme to the map name( ie /template/chibiblue would be chibiblue as template name

okay:

installing a theme:

1.drop the theme map you downloaded into the /template map
2. change your theme to the map name( ie /template/chibiblue would be chibiblue as template name

Ahh sorry, I don't quite understand haha xD Template map? I do remember putting the theme in the template folder, then putting the link to the CSS on the site, is that the same thing? Some themes came with instructions, but they did the same thing.

hm, try the theme instructions (dont forget to include the template.html or w/e in the link)