Soft Delete and Purge Not working

Forum
Last Post
Threads / Messages

GuardiansWish

Mysidian Dollar
I am looking to delete my testing pets from the site on a soft deletion. I checked the little box above the delete options and continued on as I usually would. I get no error message, nothing. It just won't take the pet off the adopts page. I tried a purge and it will not delete that way either.

Well pet deletion aint working properly for Mys v1.3.3, it has been identified as a bug, will be fixed in Mys v1.3.4.

Well you can delete the pets through phpmyadmin. This glitch is not difficult to fix though, I may post a solution soon.

Okay. Is there any way you may be able to give me a step by step instruction on how to do that? because truthfully, databases scare the far out of me because I'm always thinking I'm going to break something. My database knowledge is rather limited.

But this is a good thing, at least there is an option!

Well go to Cpanel, and looks for table prefix.adoptables and prefix.owned_adoptables. Delete all adoptables that match the type you wish to get rid of.

Soft deletion? You can just delete the types in table prefix_adoptables, prefix_adoptables_conditions and leave the entries in table prefix_owned_adoptables unchanged.

Oh you are very welcome, I am glad to help. Tbh I am still trying to sort out the reason why soft deletion wont work on ACP, the code does not look malfunctioning. I will probably just have to search harder. XD

I scanned it myself to see if somehow I had inadvertently screwed it up and I can't see why it's being a butt either. But, I have faith that you'll find it.

Okay. We made another test pet to double check that I was doing it right. I took out the rows in prefix_adoptables and prefix_adotables_conditions. It did indeed take the pet off of the adopts page but I am now getting the following error when I go to myadopts page to view the pets:

Invalid ID Specified

Adoptable cat does not exist...

(cat was the name of the adoptable)

Oh goodness, this is because the script is still trying to load the adoptables... Why do you want to soft deletion though? Usually hard deletion works out better.

Anyway I will look into this further. It may not be an easy fix, will likely to require modification of both the class file and the controller file.

The way we set up Chibifurs is that there are pets available at the beginning on the month. At the beginning of the next month, those pets are taken down and replaced with new ones. If we purged, those old pets would not be available to the users who had gotten. them.

And I appreciate you looking into it <3

I see, there's gotta be a better solution than having to delete them from database... How about using the adoptables date conditions?

Last I had checked the conditions weren't working (like limiting how many times you can adopt). But I think the last time I checked was 1.3.2 so it's worth a shot in to.

Okay. The over night pet did work. However, we do not know how to make a pet appear now and be available through...let's say the 15th and have it disappear on the morning of the 16th. Is there any way to do this?

You can do this manually as of Mys v1.3.x. In Mys v1.4.0 there will be much more advanced conditionals that checks a date interval or date/month interval.

try moving the adopt to a hidden shop in the database, that way you will still have the adopt, but it wont be adopted, so you just need to edit at the end of the month the shop field adding the name of the hidden shop.

HoF, sorry to bump this thread up, but I have a question that has to do with the topic at hand.

So I'm going through to delete test pets, but how should I go about resetting the adoptable IDs, as it doesn't seem to be doing it automatically. Meaning when I delete pet species #1, for example, then I make a new pet species it is #2 even though I deleted the first #1. This is kind of messing my search system and such up, and it's not tidy so it bugs me XD

Thanks,
Abron