Mys 1.3.4 News System

Forum
Last Post
Threads / Messages
Ah, of course you can build on top of it! ^^ It's far from finished, I never got to polish it because of lack of time + motivation @_@ You can also share what you do with it here, if you want to!

Regarding the html thingies, you can go to the format() functions and use htmlentities() I believe, to convert the html characters to html entities.

I'm using my own pagination because at the time I was enchanted with javascript and wanted to try it, so it's not really optimized at all xD

I will share what I make for sure ^^
I want to put more links to the profile and pets and stuff in the comment box.
As well as implant a user siggy kinda thing. But the siggy will come later on when I build the forum.

What Pagination are you using now?
Also, what about comments? Do they use the Pagination too?

What Pagination are you using now?
Also, what about comments? Do they use the Pagination too?

One I created to learn jQuery at the time, so looking at it now it's not really optimized xD It's pretty much the javascript code in one of the files. The comments don't use pagination
If I had more time, I'd recode it x.x'

I installed this and followed the instructions- but I seem to get this error when I got to create News from the acp

Code:
Strict Standards: Declaration of AdminSidebar::setDivision() should be compatible with Sidebar::setDivision(GUIComponent $module) in /home/atrocity/public_html/classes/class_adminsidebar.php on line 18

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'Database error 1054 - Unknown column 'content' in 'field list'' in /home/atrocity/public_html/classes/class_database.php:213 Stack trace: #0 /home/atrocity/public_html/classes/class_database.php(117): Database->_query('news', Array, 'insert') #1 /home/atrocity/public_html/admincp/view/newsview.php(223): Database->insert('news', Array) #2 /home/atrocity/public_html/classes/class_frontcontroller.php(100): ACPNewsView->create() #3 /home/atrocity/public_html/admincp/index.php(109): FrontController->render() #4 /home/atrocity/public_html/admincp/index.php(113): AdminCP::main() #5 {main} thrown in /home/atrocity/public_html/classes/class_database.php on line 213

Im not entirely sure what i did wrong?

I get this error when trying to access the news.php page
Fatal error: Class 'AppController' not found in /home/digitalp/public_html/news.php on line 7

Just installed it on MystFell. It works great! I changed it around a little bit, but it works wonderfully! Thanks so much!

What does the error say?

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'Fatal Error: Class ACPNewsView either does not exist, or has its include path misconfigured!' in /home/beausavi/public_html/classes/class_loader.php:83 Stack trace: #0 [internal function]: Loader->load('ACPNewsView') #1 /home/beausavi/public_html/classes/class_controller.php(135): spl_autoload_call('ACPNewsView') #2 /home/beausavi/public_html/classes/class_appcontroller.php(115): Controller->loadView(Object(Resource\Native\String)) #3 /home/beausavi/public_html/classes/class_frontcontroller.php(71): AppController->getView() #4 /home/beausavi/public_html/admincp/index.php(108): FrontController->getView() #5 /home/beausavi/public_html/admincp/index.php(113): AdminCP::main() #6 {main} thrown in /home/beausavi/public_html/classes/class_loader.php on line 83

When you open the file, does it have this near the top:
PHP:
class ACPNewsView extends View{

or this?:
PHP:
class NewsView extends View{

Oh! You put it in the wrong place then. (I figured that might be the issue, since both files have the exact same name)
Just copy-paste the code for the view file under the "Part 4: The AdminCP" section of the OP and it should work.
"ACPNewsView" needs to be in the view subfolder located in the adminCP folder, while "NewsView" needs to go in the main view folder located under public_html.

Oh! You put it in the wrong place then. (I figured that might be the issue, since both files have the exact same name)
Just copy-paste the code for the view file under the "Part 4: The AdminCP" section of the OP and it should work.
"ACPNewsView" needs to be in the view subfolder located in the adminCP folder, while "NewsView" needs to go in the main view folder located under public_html.

It still doesn't come up. New error I think:

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'Fatal Error: Class ACPNewsView either does not exist, or has its include path misconfigured!' in /home/beausavi/public_html/classes/class_loader.php:83 Stack trace: #0 [internal function]: Loader->load('ACPNewsView') #1 /home/beausavi/public_html/classes/class_controller.php(135): spl_autoload_call('ACPNewsView') #2 /home/beausavi/public_html/classes/class_appcontroller.php(115): Controller->loadView(Object(Resource\Native\String)) #3 /home/beausavi/public_html/classes/class_frontcontroller.php(71): AppController->getView() #4 /home/beausavi/public_html/admincp/index.php(108): FrontController->getView() #5 /home/beausavi/public_html/admincp/index.php(113): AdminCP::main() #6 {main} thrown in /home/beausavi/public_html/classes/class_loader.php on line 83