Mysidia Adoptables v1.3.1[Security Release]

Forum
Last Post
Threads / Messages
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well copy/paste the functions_forums to your functions directory, and look into the script files login.php and register.php.

I'm getting this now when I try to login

Fatal error: Call to undefined method PDO::select() in /home/taleofdr/public_html/login.php on line 63

Oh this is because you are missing the database class. Copy/paste the class_database.php and functions.php files to your site and it should work. Note you do not have to use select() or other database methods introduced in Mys v1.3.1, the old $adopts->query() and $stmt->fetchObject() still works.

Could not connect to database, the following error has occurred:
SQLSTATE[HY000] [2005] Unknown MySQL server host 'DBHOST' (1)

Did you make major changes or something? It's hard for me to upgrade b.c I have so many customizations. Now I'm all screwed up.

Yeah I did, the config file now uses PHP constants instead of variables. The new database class is being used everywhere. I can help you get rid of the constants though, and then it should be backward-compatible with Mys v1.3.0.

Do you have the old functions file? If so, just replace this line below:

PHP:
$dsn = "mysql:host={$dbhost};dbname={$dbname}";
$adopts = new PDO($dsn, $dbuser, $dbpass);

with the following codes:
PHP:
$adopts = new Database($dbname, $dbhost, $dbuser, $dbpass, $prefix);

umm so you dont have the old functions.php file anymore? If so, download Mys v1.3.0 again and use that one.

I have my old one saved but when I did what you told me to do I get this:

Fatal error: Class 'Database' not found in /home/taleofdr/public_html/functions/functions.php on line 10

omg. Now I'm back to

Could not connect to database, the following error has occurred:
SQLSTATE[HY000] [2005] Unknown MySQL server host 'DBHOST' (1)

umm what does your functions.php and config.php file look like? I got rid of these constants for you as they aint supposed to show up anymore.

I just need to know what to add to my scripts to make users auto login to the forum when they log in to the site. I fixed whatever error I had and thought I had it working to do this but it doesn't log me in the forum when I log into the main site.

Well the functions_forums.php are what you need of course. You may also look into the new lines I added for register.php and login.php from Mys v1.3.1, since these are what helps new users log into their forum account after registration or logging into the main site.

My site is all messed up now. I keep trying to register an alt and it inserts into db but won't let them log in.

It's something with the cookies. I just cleared mine and now I can't log in as myself. It says I do but then it takes me to the log in screen.

Last edited:
Oh I am sorry about that, but I really dont understand why you could have messed up your site. The only changes you made to your old scripts were register.php, login.php and functions.php, correct? If so, just post them and I will get them to work for you. Theres no need to start over. Well if you've followed the upgrade procedure and replaced all your old files by the new files, then its indeed over...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Forum Contains New Posts
  • Forum Contains No New Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BerrieMilk
BETA

Latest Threads