Mysidia 1.3.0 Spoilers!

Forum
Last Post
Threads / Messages

Kaeliah

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mysidian Dollar
So yes, as many of you have gathered, 1.3.0 is planned to come out hopefully by the end of the summer. This is probably the biggest release EVER so I hope you guys will be impressed. We're putting a lot of work into really refining the script along with making it as easy to use and customizable as possible.

Now I can only blog about what I'm doing but hey, I like spoilers and teasers so why not?

Well first of all I'm doing pretty much all the security updates. There's going to be a completely new login system that will be much more secure, and all sites will have passwords with different encryptions to ensure maximum security. Along with that there will be other security features added such as disabling logins for a particular IP for 15 minutes after 5 failed logins and other security measures for staff accounts as well. There will also be a difference between user names and display names to help security along. I will also be creating custom error-handling so that when things go wrong, it'll be easier to understand what went wrong and how to fix it, both for users and coders. And the final security measure will be the addition of Admin alerts and reports. When something suspicious happens, or a user is reported, these reports will alert anyone who can access the admin panel and so they can quickly deal with issues.

But security updates are pretty boring aren't they? Let's get into some more fun stuff. :smile:

The trading system shall be overhauled! It will be about 100x easier to trade as many pets as you'd like for other pets or money!

The multiple alternate image mod will be revamped and added to the script so no installing needed! You'll just have to wait a little longer for it. The whole leveling system will also be slightly remodeled for better use.

Admin Panel Overhaul! A much need upgrade to the Admin panel will make things easier to find and manipulate. You'll be able to edit everything about an adopt or level and many new functions will be added as well. User moderation will be improved, and it will be easier to manage custom pages, add bbcode, manage adoptables, and change site settings. Features like disabling registration or disabling logging in for non-staff groups will be available. New, better permission tasks will be created to further specify things. You will be able to create requirements like requiring they adopt a pet before using the PM system. Presets will also be available for usergroups such as writers, artists and moderators so they can access what they need without having you go to a lot of trouble to edit all the permissions of the groups.

Last, but definitely not least there will be a brand spanking new plugin system. This plugin system will eliminate almost all needs to go in and edit the code by hand. Using specified hooks in the code, you will be able to install mods by simply uploading and clicking install. Mods can also then be uninstalled without messing up the base code at all. A lengthy tutorial on creating mods for this new plugin system will be posted about the time of the release and it will be highly discouraged that anyone edit the base codes so their sites may also be upgraded with the click of a button. The plugin feature will also allow mods to build off of each other to some extent by choosing the order of which each one is run.

Hope that keeps you guys excited for the new release!!

Kae Out.

WOWOWOWOWOW :3
So admin overhaul: massive addition to editing users & adopts... so will there be a "view promocode to this adoptable"? And will there be specific permissions to groups? E.g. instead of access to page content, there's option to let them ONLY edit pages, or edit and delete pages (checkboxes) XD

I can't wait for this. Kae you work too hard lol. I can't wait for the Madring too 8D

I must be boring person to be really excited about the new security updates. :smile:
I cant wait for the new plugin mod system too that will be fun to play with.