My response on VPL

Forum
Last Post
Threads / Messages
Wow. That moderator took it way too far.

Mysidia is a bit hard to get used to because of the heavy OOP used, I guess. I got used to it fairly quickly because I had previous experience with it, from C++. I also had to use smarty for a project and was able to get used to it in mysidia. I even got ajax to work with it awkwardly by reading online materials. So it's not as bad as that dude makes it out to be, in terms of modification difficulty.

What annoyed me most with that review there was that it was pretty rude. He's right on pointing out flaws and problems but it was done with a pretty childish attitude. His wording almost sounded like "there's no way this script will improve ever, it suuuucks!", while ignoring that HoF is, in fact, working to improve it.
But hey, that kind of atittude is pretty common between programmers. Either glorifying a framework or making passive-agressive essays about frameworks they don't like.

I've posted sites there in years past and they have been universally scathing and really nasty.

And they aren't all that, they really aren't as famous or popular as the hype makes it seem.

And yes .. this attitude of well, that's crap and always will be, really struck me as ridiculous. No where did I say anything about someone making some gigantic sacrifice for fixing up Vpets, lol.

If anyone has made a huge sacrifice of time and effort for this cause it IS HoF!!

Wow. That moderator took it way too far.

Mysidia is a bit hard to get used to because of the heavy OOP used, I guess. I got used to it fairly quickly because I had previous experience with it, from C++. I also had to use smarty for a project and was able to get used to it in mysidia. I even got ajax to work with it awkwardly by reading online materials. So it's not as bad as that dude makes it out to be, in terms of modification difficulty.

What annoyed me most with that review there was that it was pretty rude. He's right on pointing out flaws and problems but it was done with a pretty childish attitude. His wording almost sounded like "there's no way this script will improve ever, it suuuucks!", while ignoring that HoF is, in fact, working to improve it.
But hey, that kind of atittude is pretty common between programmers. Either glorifying a framework or making passive-agressive essays about frameworks they don't like.

edit: Oh, look what the reviewer just posted on vpl. *tsk tsk*

Last edited:
I am certainly not a part of the Mys staff, but I did want to bring up that commenting on VPL users and dragging stuff from over there here starts a nastiness no one wants. Same goes for any VPL users.

I find it interesting that the think you do after being accused of mudslinging is sling mud. Just think about that... :X

One post? Just barely joined?

Transparent, think about that. You have never seen me sling mud.

((Still not a part of staff but I do hope my comments count a little bit?))

I think that we need to stop this cross-site arguing. It's completely useless and doesn't help anyone. Constructive criticism helps improve the script, or at least it's supposed to. Arguing just makes everyone look bad and probably drives away potential users.

Just my $0.02 :/

I think this should stop too. Sorry, I became really upset when someone over there took a quote from me and put it there.