VPL is down...

Forum
Last Post
Threads / Messages

Ittermat

The awesomesauce
Mysidian Dollar
And apparently will remain down until he can pay the server bill...

I admit im a bit confused- considering the last convo we were involved in with him...

What do you think about this?

(Copied from his FB page)

Virtual Pet List
2 hrs ·

Vpl will remain offline until my staff members and I can pay the server bill. It's $185 and I'm -609 in my bank account right now. Yes, we have backups and all your data is safe. We're offline because in December, I had to pay over $300 to bring vpl back online- cpvr

Note Im not trying to start any arguments here- I just noticed and it seemed odd somehow- (though i cant explain how exactly)

It is a little weird. I thought VPL made enough money through paid advertisements and donations to stay online, but maybe not? Don't want to make assumptions or anything. He does have a family to care for so maybe he used any income VPL received for himself and his family, and perhaps there just weren't enough donations to pay the bill. Iunno.

Well I know that with a site's revenue it is not just keeping it online that you have to pay for, especially not a site as big and active as VPL. Hopefully they're able to pull the money together and get it back online :)