More advanced breeding?

Forum
Last Post
Threads / Messages

Silvercivet

Mysidian Dollar
Sorry to ask so many questions, but PHP is completely alien to me, I'm more used to HTML.

I need a more advanced version of breeding, and if its already available how do I set it up?
Here's some examples
horsebreeding.png

First the main species, horses. My lv 0 image is a foal, lv 1 is a yearling and lv 3 is an adult. I need a lv 3 mare and a lv 3 stallion to produce a foal, but what I also need it to do is if I breed a black paint(black and white spotted) with a brown solid mare, I'd need the foals to have a chance to be: Black paint, brown paint, black solid, bown solid

Another species: Unicorn and pegasus
These species do not have foal images, but if you breed the two together you have a percent chance of an alicorn. Same additional specs as horse through, combining color chances and patterns
Alicornbreeding.png

Well this would require some time to code, and for many programmers it can be quite difficult to grasp the concept. If you want to play with adoptables with multiple alternative forms, Id say suggest you install Kaeliah's Multi-alternate script. The trick is to manipulate the determination of adoptables alt in breeding.php or doadopt.php, which I see you sorta getting started already?

I'm pretty clueless when it comes to PhP coding, so I havent really gotten much done. I'm stll trying to figure out how to edit my pages XD

Is there a thread about how to go about doing that?

I'm pretty clueless when it comes to PhP coding, so I havent really gotten much done. I'm stll trying to figure out how to edit my pages XD

Is there a thread about how to go about doing that?

Which pages are you trying to edit?
Index and ToS can be found in the MySQL table contents

You know you can edit your pages through the admin control panel right? That's really user friendly. :3 best place to start.

I learned that the other day, but for some reason when I used the admin control panel, it changed some of my "" into weird codes. LOL

The admin control panel has a bunch of weird glitches. :/ all of the devolpers go through the phpadmin thing and don't realize 80% of people would much prefer to not have to pull open their host, log in, find the mysql section, login to that, find the correct table, edit, save, check the website to make sure you editted the right thing...

I think it's having an overhaul though, so perhaps they'll fix all that.

I use my control panel to edit pages, it's 110 times easier - I don't care about the lack of options or control, if I see a spelling mistake, I want to edit it right away, not crawl through the backend trying to find it!

You know you can edit your pages through the admin control panel right? That's really user friendly. :3 best place to start.

Yeah the phpmyadmin, I edited it in there but it doesnt show up edited in the site

Oh, no there's another way to edit it through your adoptable site.
Go to your control panel, then change content in the top bar.
Then, click the little setting gear thing to edit the appropriate page. o vo;

Oh, no there's another way to edit it through your adoptable site.
Go to your control panel, then change content in the top bar.
Then, click the little setting gear thing to edit the appropriate page. o vo;

I've tried changing it there too and it still didnt change the acutal site info

I meant the site-based ACP.

Have you tried hard refreshing your site? Sometimes your browser can be finicky. What version of the script are you running?

When you go onto my site under admin or when I go into my x10host in the phpmyadmin? b/c I've tried doing both and no success

When you're at the main page, or index page, delete the part that says index.php and replace with admin.php. Should take you right there.

yeah, I've been there and edited the pages there and nothing changed