a more advanced breeding system needed

Forum
Last Post
Threads / Messages

maximillion

Mysidian Dollar
thinking i need a more advanced breeding system..

like where i can put the male, the female and it's possible offsprings

EDIT:
or atleast.. a way that it picks from an "adoptables class"..
right now the breeding system is the offspring becomes identical to the male or female at random.. where as i would like it to pick from a set of images for that class..

ex (current):
unled44h.png

Last edited:
i know it can't be that hard to do.. just gotta think of the easiest way of doing it.. i'll have to ponder on this one for a bit.. anybody have any ideas?

no.. the way it currently does it - is the offspring becomes a clone of one of the parents.. using the example i posted above, if i breed the 2 ponies.. the offspring is a pony and not a foal :( atm there is no way to put in offspring settings - atleast none that i can see anyway..

Last edited:
Have you set levels and classified classes? When I breed my adults, I get an egg which grows to a foxling which then grows up to be like either the father or mother.

Ex. Breed:
f9ba0b33984f56c68d6d03c5662b0670.png
x
c044e8b7bf6ef1cc330a962697553503.png

You get :

ea7985d312c664642571a0ce0f38f473.png

which then becomes:
89e372138172e24a3edd78c1a898cac3.png

which grows up to be just like the mother:
c044e8b7bf6ef1cc330a962697553503.png

i don't start off with eggs.. i used the level 1 so the ponies can be in the breeding list.. so, then i breed both ponies and another pony is bred but it's a clone of one of the parents and the gender is random (i dunno why)..

Last edited:
if you breed anything it's gonna automatically be level 1 if that's your lowest level.. i think you just need to add some more images or set the breeding for adults only. that way if the adult is level 2 then it will breed the first level which is the pony. sounds confusing.. but it's not.

breeding confirmed by fadillzzz.. what i want to accomplish cannot be done currently.. he did give me an alternative, but with that alternative the way i see it - you would have to adopt the foal first (which is not how it's supposed to work, that part comes into play with like the pound page or trading... ect but the initial stage is to be the adult versions of the animals in the adopt page).. i brought this to hof's attention to see what he wants to do.. for now i have no choice i guess but to use the alternative until a mod has been done or until it's incorporated with 1.3.....

and yes, i officially asked hof to be on the dev staff as the main designer..

Last edited:
ahh sorry i couldn't be more help. that's how i do it on my site so i wouldn't have been able to help you =(

umm this can easily be accomplished with an evolution script, I've done it with my Pokemansion. An old evolution script is available for Mys v1.1.x, but since Breeding was not available until Mys v1.2.0 this feature was not integrated with breeding system. I will do a new evolution system in July, which should pretty much meets your need. Since evolution script is not planned for Mys v1.3.0, it will not worth the time waiting for the next release.

Also there is a different breeding system Anna created, which generates a hybrid adoptable if the father and mother aint from the same species. You may want to try that too.