Looking for someone to code for me :)

Forum
Last Post
Threads / Messages
So the structure is kinda done.

The listing of contests is done
Some verifications for entry are done (more will be added while testing the whole thing)
The selection of pet to contestant list is also done

I'm going to do the actual additon of the pet (half done) and the winning and the top verification next. About the top 3: It's just a normal average of all stats? Also, I assumed a pet can't be in more than one contest at a time xD Btw, my site works wit numerical IDs, yours are a string right? Or are you using code instead of aid?

Mine are not numerical ids, a random code instead. I doubt it really matters- all of my custom updates have been done without issue.

Yeah, one contest limit :p It can be a normal average of all stats, if I feel the need to make special contests then I can edit it :D

And glad to see such progress! Are you sure you don't want any sort of payment?

Mine are not numerical ids, a random code instead. I doubt it really matters- all of my custom updates have been done without issue.

Yeah, one contest limit :p It can be a normal average of all stats, if I feel the need to make special contests then I can edit it :D

And glad to see such progress! Are you sure you don't want any sort of payment?

Just wanted to be sure, since I get each adoptable stat with the aid xD

I will try to finish most of it today and tomorrow, then look at the mood and status if you like.
edit: winning is done [sending message and sending rewards aren't, just the function to decide 1st, 2nd and 3rd place] I think, removing contestants too. Gonna test everything tonight and clean the code. How are the rewards gonna work? Can it be multiple items, adoptables, money...? That's the function I have to do next xD
edit: sending message done

And it's all good, you have a pretty good website so I don't mind contributing to it for free :happyc:

Last edited:
It'll be money at first and I might set it to give the pet a ribbon, but I know how to do that so don't worry!

And hey if you ever have some freetime and want to get some money and help then please do I'm so lost with redoing the myadopts page's display XD

Then I'll do a simple reward money function and then you can edit your stuff in ^^ I think I'll be able to send everything tomorrow after cleaning the code if you want to start adapting it. I made some alterations to the owned adoptable class I believe, added some functions to avoid queries, too but I'll explain everything tomorrow xD

This week and the next I think I have freetime xD I can only use PHP, I don't know CSS, javascript and all those pretty things, if it's something that can be done with PHP I'd be happy to help

Cron jobs are pretty helpful, I wish I knew how to use them xD

I sent the files by PM, any error or problem please tell me. I can send screenshots of how it works on my site so you have an idea of what the code does

I am now looking for someone to do some extensive coding on my site for me, and I am using 1.3.3.

What I need now:
Updated register system that checks if an email has been used, as well as IP address.

For now I can only do art for these items, due to life issues, sorry.​

A simple way to check if an email already exists is to query the database (the users table) for an email equal to the input (limit it by 1, so it won't check all entries) and count the result - if there is a result with that email, it already exists. I think that's the correct way to do it​

Last edited: